Reload this Page >

Part Time Postgraduate degree while working in France

Part Time Postgraduate degree while working in France

Old Jan 19th 2012, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

divine7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Part Time Postgraduate degree while working in France

Hi everyone and happy 2012,

I have a masters degree from a UK university and I am working with a French Company in France, on secondment from the UK. As I would be living and working in France for at least two years, I thought it useful to do a part -time postgraduate (Masters) degree.

The trouble is that it has not been easy getting the necessary information. I have asked questions - none of my colleagues does a part-time course and no one seems to have done this in France.

Could anyone kindly assist me on this please?

Thanks a lot.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

TinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really nice
Default Re: Part Time Postgraduate degree while working in France

It depends what you mean by part-time. There are some schools which offer courses 2 or 3 days a week and the student works the rest of the time, whilst others have intensive courses lasting 1 to 3 weeks. Do you want to study in French or English?

If you google "école superieure" and the area you live, you may find more information.

The French phrase for part time work and study is "en alternance".
Old Jan 20th 2012, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

Hello TinaBee,

Thanks a lot for taking time to reply me. Basically I work full time 9days out of 10 days and it depends on the school. I would do the search like you recommended. I do not mind studying in either French or English.

Thanks a lot once again.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

TinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really nice

If that is the case it might be worth looking at the Open University

http://www8.open.ac.uk/study/explain...y-right-for-me
Old Jan 21st 2012, 12:24 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TinaBee
If that is the case it might be worth looking at the Open University

http://www8.open.ac.uk/study/explain...y-right-for-me
+1. The French tertiary education system is so different from almost any other country's that sticking with a UK (or even a North American) distance learning course (there are others than just the Open University) would be much less hassle.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your replies Novocastrian and TinaBee,

However, I would like to get a postgraduate from a French University. It is a personal objective actually. I live in the Loire Region and I would try visiting a university in my area to inquire if they have got something tailor-made, even if it means doing intensive courses during the weekend.

Thanks once again and I shal update you if I am successful with my search.