Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Orléans bilingual schools and playgroups

Orléans bilingual schools and playgroups

Old Jan 15th 2024, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Kv123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Orléans bilingual schools and playgroups

Hello - my husband and I will be moving to Orléans with our baby daughter and I was wondering if there were any bilingual schools or playgroups in the area? Although our daughter is too young for school, we still want to look into the different options available in case we decide to settle in Orléans for a couple of years before moving back to the U.K. Also since my husband and in-laws mainly speak French, I would love an opportunity to meet any other English speaking mums in the area.
Old Jan 15th 2024, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orléans bilingual schools and playgroups

Welcome to the forum. Others may correct me but I don't believe there is a bilingual school in the area.
Regarding playgroups etc THIS may be of some help.
Old Jan 16th 2024, 7:06 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orléans bilingual schools and playgroups

Originally Posted by Kv123
Hello - my husband and I will be moving to Orléans with our baby daughter and I was wondering if there were any bilingual schools or playgroups in the area? Although our daughter is too young for school, we still want to look into the different options available in case we decide to settle in Orléans for a couple of years before moving back to the U.K. Also since my husband and in-laws mainly speak French, I would love an opportunity to meet any other English speaking mums in the area.
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
tp has given a useful link. If you won't be working and therefore won't have priority, your chances of a full-time crèche are slim. I don't know about Orléans, but, when I used to work in Paris, a friend had to enrol her recently confirmed baby in her local crèche to ensure that there was room for him after her maternity leave!
The "halte-garderie" (occasional care) system is excellent.
If you want to meet English-speakers, you could join a Club or Association with activities in which you're interested (choir, sport, hiking, arts & crafts,.....) and make friends with like-minded people, hopefully including Anglophones! A google search found
https://www.orleans-metropole.fr/associations
I didn't check, but there may be regular "English café" meetings.
Your Mairie will also have a booklet....
HTH