Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Orange Answerphone

Orange Answerphone

Old Jan 17th 2014, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all
Default Orange Answerphone

I think this has been asked before but I cannot find the thread.

Firstly, the handset answerphone is switched off.
There are no stored voice mails. I have deleted everything.

But.....

I have an intermittent ring tone. Also, when people call me, they cannot hear me for maybe a second or so.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 1:11 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orange Answerphone

Are you sure the Orange repondeur isn't enabled? This is one of the services provided by Orange along with call diversion etc etc. It's accessed by entering a special number on your phone which will be explained on their website or the documentation that came with your subscription.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
Are you sure the Orange repondeur isn't enabled? This is one of the services provided by Orange along with call diversion etc etc. It's accessed by entering a special number on your phone which will be explained on their website or the documentation that came with your subscription.
I haven't enabled it I don't think. Unless you can do it by accident. This is a recent problem.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

orange say its normal
Old Jan 17th 2014, 1:55 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

You can check if its activated by calling the line from your mobile. To deactivate it's 3103 followed by 2 or you can call 1014 and ask for it to be permanently deactivated.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

bjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by loy loy
I have an intermittent ring tone. Also, when people call me, they cannot hear me for maybe a second or so.
An interrupted dial tone is the signal that you have messages on the Orange system to listen to.
Call 3103 and you will automatically hear how many messages you have, followed by the messages sequentially with the number that called, date and time.
Follow the instructions after each message to either save or delete the messages. Once you have deleted all the messages, the dial tone will return to normal continuous tone.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 5:02 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

We get an email and text message when a voice message is left on our home phone.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 6:13 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
We get an email and text message when a voice message is left on our home phone.
So do we for messages left on the LiveBox (09...) telephone. We can also call 888 beforehand, which comes to the same thing....
The 3103 works on our ex-France Télécom number (04...) which we have retained.
Go figure, and it's of no help to the OP....
Old Jan 17th 2014, 7:27 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
So do we for messages left on the LiveBox (09...) telephone. We can also call 888 beforehand, which comes to the same thing....
The 3103 works on our ex-France Télécom number (04...) which we have retained.
Go figure, and it's of no help to the OP....
We ported our old landline number to the live box VOIP line which means it could be moved around France with us. They will probably abandon regional numbers in the future as
Old Jan 18th 2014, 4:51 am
Hostage Negotiator

We ported our old landline number to the live box VOIP line which means it could be moved around France with us. They will probably abandon regional numbers in the future as
I'm afraid this is neither true nor relevant. Landline numbers cannot be moved around France (look up "portage de número" on Google) and neither did the OP ever mention having a Livebox.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 7:24 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid this is neither true nor relevant. Landline numbers cannot be moved around France (look up "portage de número" on Google) and neither did the OP ever mention having a Livebox.
My first reaction on seeing Orange in the title was that the OP had LiveBox (09...). But of course France Télécom became Orange long ago, and it may be that the OP is talking about his 05... number?
Old Jan 18th 2014, 9:49 am
Quien no sabe

I was responding to DMU not the OP in that post and landline numbers can now be remapped to Orange voip.

Last edited by Chatter Static; Jan 18th 2014 at 10:20 am.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 12:15 pm
Hostage Negotiator

Sorry to be pedantic but a geographical phone number (starting 01,02,03 etc) is always allocated to your ADSL line - whether you pay Orange to use that number or not. Your Livebox (which has a unique identifier) is allocated the VOIP number and not your geographical number. You can take your geographical number with you if you move within the same TZE (zone de númeroration elementaire) normally a city or group of villages. You can always take your VOIP number with you. Hope this makes sense, the distinction between the physical and the virtual is not always easy to distinguish.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 1:38 pm
Quien no sabe

Sorry to be pedantic but a geographical phone number (starting 01,02,03 etc) is always allocated to your ADSL line - whether you pay Orange to use that number or not. Your Livebox (which has a unique identifier) is allocated the VOIP number and not your geographical number. You can take your geographical number with you if you move within the same TZE (zone de númeroration elementaire) normally a city or group of villages. You can always take your VOIP number with you. Hope this makes sense, the distinction between the physical and the virtual is not always easy to distinguish.

Having worked for BT and Orange in Broadband management I'm very aware of how copper pairs are allocated
Old Jan 18th 2014, 2:14 pm
Hostage Negotiator

Having worked for BT and Orange in Broadband management I'm very aware of how copper pairs are allocated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.