OOPS ouch

Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy OOPS ouch

just found out the hard way why not to clean the shower plug cover; it is metal and whilst cleaning it slipped and I cut through the nerves of my right thumb

4 hours and an operation later I am on arret de travail for 15 days and the doc 'thinks' it will repair itself

oh well ; no money but a good rest for 2 weeks!
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Brit-in-France is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: OOPS ouch

Originally Posted by dennerlymum

just found out the hard way why not to clean the shower plug cover; it is metal and whilst cleaning it slipped and I cut through the nerves of my right thumb

4 hours and an operation later I am on arret de travail for 15 days and the doc 'thinks' it will repair itself

Oh gosh o'golly, was not the phrase I have in mind - wish you well and try to think that whatever you attempt in the future, that the nearest hospital is 200 miles away. You will find you will go about things in a different way.

Best regards
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OOPS ouch

good idea; in fact i struck lucky my local A+E is very close and is apparently renowned for its hand surgeons
Old Oct 10th 2009, 4:45 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Ouch, Surgical skills in Toulouse never cease to amaze me. Was it Purpan or Rangueil, Purpan should be slightly closer to you I guess.

At least you get a forced Holiday.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

it was the Clinique de Cedres actually; 2 mins from us at Cornebarrieu
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:27 pm

it was the Clinique de Cedres actually; 2 mins from us at Cornebarrieu
Looks nice. I guess better than hauling arse into the city well the outskirts. I had to go to Purpan for a set of Rabies jabs, It kind of reminded me of a 70`s NHS hospital. But both Purpan and Rangueil are under going a major refits.
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

yep perhaps due to fact that toulouse hosps were ranked as very poor in a recent assessment
Old Oct 10th 2009, 5:38 pm

yep perhaps due to fact that toulouse hosps were ranked as very poor in a recent assessment
Touch wood, They have kept me going so im happy
Old Oct 10th 2009, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

sounds really nasty, hope you make a good recovery
Old Oct 10th 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

thx val!
Old Oct 10th 2009, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch! Two years back, I sliced half-way through my thumb with a stanley knife - stopped where it hit bone. Sprayed blood over all four walls of the lounge, so I wrapped it up tight, then went to sleep hoping it wasn't that bad. In the morning, I unwrapped it and it was disgusting, so I drove one handed to A&E... I kind of know what you're going through... You can't afford to lose an opposable thumb!
Old Oct 10th 2009, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light

Ouch!! Poor you. Really sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you make a speedy recovery. You may have no money for the next couple of weeks but at least you have a whole houseful of jam and preserves! A few baguettes and you're sorted.

That'll teach you to clean!!!! Get well soon Michele..
Old Oct 10th 2009, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: OOPS ouch

Appreciate your A & E is local (as ours is) but the point I was making was more to do with a state of mind. If you overlook the truth of the location and imagine otherwise, you will think more baout anything you are likely to do. (Look at it as Health and Safety on the cheap - which is about the only thing that is, in France at the moment - chuckle)

Regards
brit
Old Oct 10th 2009, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: OOPS ouch

Originally Posted by Brit-in-France
Appreciate your A & E is local (as ours is) but the point I was making was more to do with a state of mind. If you overlook the truth of the location and imagine otherwise, you will think more baout anything you are likely to do. (Look at it as Health and Safety on the cheap - which is about the only thing that is, in France at the moment - chuckle)

Regards
brit
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOps TYPO
baout = about
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Brit-in-France

Regards
brit
That makes as much sense as the first post, Fact remains Michele hurt herself and got it sorted and will heal up with a bit of time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.