Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Online Property Websites

Online Property Websites

Old Apr 19th 2018, 9:07 am
Just Joined

ChefSteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Online Property Websites

Hi all, I have been out of France for several years but hope to return this year.

Did online property agents ever get any better? Is there an Portal which shows all or most houses for Sale or Rent, throughout France.

For Example in Aus we have Realestate.com.au Pretty much every Agent in the country lists here as soon as a property goes on the Market, it's often more up to date than their own web sites. I know in the UK they rightmoves, which I think is similar. Have we something like it in France?

I seem to recall, several years back there was nothing close to it in France and I have been out of that loop for many years. Can you point me in the right Direction if there is such a site? Much appreciated.

Steve
Old Apr 19th 2018, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online Property Websites

You can look on leboncoin, it's not a dedicated property website but it's probably France's biggest online marketplace and it has loads of properties listed and the big advantage is that there are private ads as well as estate agent ads, if you prefer to buy direct and bypass the agency fees.
https://www.leboncoin.fr/ventes_immobilieres/offres/ for sales, different page for rentals.
There are other too - seloger is one, I forget the name of the other big one.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 11:35 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.pap.fr/
(de particulier � particulier, normally no Agencies)
Old Apr 19th 2018, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum.
In addition to the above, you can search some of the national agencies like Citya; Orpi and Square Habitat. There could be others including PAP.
If you Google "maison a vendre france" you will get adverts for such agencies.
HTH
Old Apr 19th 2018, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
https://www.pap.fr/
(de particulier � particulier, normally no Agencies)
That's the other one I was trying to think of!
Old Apr 19th 2018, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, they are all new to me. I will check them out. Thanks for all your replies.

Steve
Old Apr 19th 2018, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Just a brief word of warning when using these on-line marketplaces.
LeBonCoin - perhaps the most popular, has over the last few years beome a major crossroads for scammers. A couple of informative links follow:
Here &
Here
Be aware that there may be a scammer behind the ad. Be vigilant! Be wary of paying by PayPal, and never send money out via Western Union.
Knowing some of the scams perpetrated and knowing how to spot & avoid them is just common sense.
The most effective way to not get scammed is to get details of the seller. Without wishing to put blame on the majority of honest sellers, before finalising a deal you should ask for their name, address, and especially telephone number of your correspondent. Obviously one can easily hide an identity behind a nickname or email, but it is much more difficult to pass for another on the phone. That's why if you feel something doesn't feel right from someone on Leboncoin ask him to call you. If he/she refuses, turn your attention elsewhere, as there is no shortage of interesting affairs, and honest dealers.
I use LBCoin quite regularly, and prefer to meet the seller face to face & pay cash. Where a distant transaction in France is anticipated, I tell the seller I prefer to pay by bankers draft, in which case I will need a copy of their RIB, and (optional) their personal details.
I've been planning to put together a user's guide for LeBonCoin which could be a handy addition for the FAQ/Moving to France section.
Good luck in your search.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 9:42 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Just a brief word of warning when using these on-line marketplaces.
LeBonCoin - perhaps the most popular, has over the last few years beome a major crossroads for scammers. A couple of informative links follow:
Here &
Here
Be aware that there may be a scammer behind the ad. Be vigilant! Be wary of paying by PayPal, and never send money out via Western Union.
Knowing some of the scams perpetrated and knowing how to spot & avoid them is just common sense.
The most effective way to not get scammed is to get details of the seller. Without wishing to put blame on the majority of honest sellers, before finalising a deal you should ask for their name, address, and especially telephone number of your correspondent. Obviously one can easily hide an identity behind a nickname or email, but it is much more difficult to pass for another on the phone. That's why if you feel something doesn't feel right from someone on Leboncoin ask him to call you. If he/she refuses, turn your attention elsewhere, as there is no shortage of interesting affairs, and honest dealers.
I use LBCoin quite regularly, and prefer to meet the seller face to face & pay cash. Where a distant transaction in France is anticipated, I tell the seller I prefer to pay by bankers draft, in which case I will need a copy of their RIB, and (optional) their personal details.
I've been planning to put together a user's guide for LeBonCoin which could be a handy addition for the FAQ/Moving to France section.
Good luck in your search.
But you probably wouldn't buy a house without seeing it and going through a notaire.

If you are buying a car on leboncoin, then I agree, buyer beware.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
But you probably wouldn't buy a house without seeing it and going through a notaire.

If you are buying a car on leboncoin, then I agree, buyer beware.
Fair comment. But the OP did also mention for rent, and so many people have been caught out through LeBonCoin and similar on-line marketplaces, by paying in advance for semi permanent or holiday properties, only to find on arrival that the property in question doesn't exist. Many have also payed for several months in advance, and been sent the keys, and on arrival found that the property is already occupied. These rental agreements would obviously not have involved a notaire, and are the type of scenarios I was alluding to.
Not only for buying a car, but whatever the negotiation the message is buyer and seller awareness.
Vigilance and caution are the keywords.

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Apr 20th 2018 at 8:03 am.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

seloger.com is the other one for property which many agents use.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
That's the other one I was trying to think of!

Thanks ET
Old Apr 21st 2018, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by south_bound
seloger.com is the other one for property which many agents use.
That seems like another quality site.. Thanks
Old Apr 21st 2018, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Thanks All.. My findings so far, which might prove useful to others.

Genuine Realestate Sites which Aggregate Properties Across France from most the Leading Immobilier, would be.

https://www.pap.fr
Petites annonces immobilières | 1er site immobilier français | Portail immo
https://www.explorimmo.com

Sites that Act more like GumTree.com Craiglist.com ie. Which list Properties extensively but are often listed on a Pay Per Listing and therefore are a little less comprehensive.
These sites are not exclusively for Realtors and are likely to sell step ladders and carpet cleaners and lonely hearts but still do a great job if you want to search out Properties for sale or rent that may be listed independently of an Immobilier.

https://www.leboncoin.fr

Possible not a conclusive list and I can add to it is I find others that meet the grade. Thank you all for your Suggestions and help.. Steve
Old Apr 21st 2018, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's very useful Steve

Although
Originally Posted by ChefSteve
Sites that Act more like GumTree.com Craiglist.com ie. Which list Properties extensively but are often listed on a Pay Per Listing ...
https://www.leboncoin.fr
I thought it was free to place an ad on leboncoin, and you only pay if you want your ad to headline.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
That's very useful Steve

Although

I thought it was free to place an ad on leboncoin, and you only pay if you want your ad to headline.
Correct. LBCoin is free unless as you say one wishes the ad to be headlined or to add more than 3 photos up to a total of 10.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.