Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Nursing in France

Nursing in France

Old Jun 30th 2016, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Hannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really nice
Default Re: Nursing in France

Originally Posted by shackybracky
Hi hannah. I have sent another reply below but i just wondered if the exam you had to sit was the concours infirmiere? Or did you have to sit a different one?
Thanks
Rach x
Hi Rach,
No it wasn't a concours infirmier. The interview was just a 20 minute chat to check my level of spoken French and the written exam was basically an exam to check i could write correctly in French. If i remember rightly there were also some questions checking i knew the weights and mesures system in France. After the exam, it was quickly checked over and they gave me my N° Adeli (pin number) there and then! The concours infirmier is a competetive entrance exam for people who want to train as nurses. If your diploma is recognised here you are already considered a qualified nurse and just have to apply for the N° Adeli which allows you to legally work as a nurse here. Hope this helps 😀
Hannah
Old Jul 1st 2016, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

shackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to all

Really helpful. Thank you
Do you know much about the PMI clinics and the nurses role? What are my chances of getting work in this area? Or would it be sensible to do work as an assistant first??

Thanks
Rach x
Old Jul 1st 2016, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

shackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to all

Also, any tips on learning French. I've just started again but it all feels brand new again . Did you have to learn from scratch back in 2002?
Old Jul 1st 2016, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Hannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really niceHannah73 is just really nice

Hi Rach,
When i arrived in 2002 i already spoke French pretty fluently as after my A levels at the age of 18 i spent a year in France working as an aupair to improve my A level French. On returning to London to start my nurses training i met a French guy who later became my husband . We have always spoken only French together which explains why i ended up moving to France and how i learnt French.
I don't really know much about how PMI's work, but i'm pretty sure they don't only employ puéricultrices, i believe they also have general nurses (IDE). Is your initial general nursing diploma English or Australian? If it's English it will be pretty straight forward for you to get registered over here.
Hannah x
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

Ok , thanks Hannah. I just need to Crack on with learning the language! Yes my qualifications are all English xx