Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Not for Profit ...

Not for Profit ...

Old Feb 17th 2012, 6:23 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not for Profit ...

Is it possible to create what I can only explain as a not for profit organisation, or one that has a charitable status. A pair of us are looking to do something for UK nationals resident in France and UK visitors; we may need to employ sponsorship. Sorry to be so limited in my post, but I am just feeling the way. Any thoughts on NFP and Charity most welcome.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not for Profit ...

Originally Posted by cjm
Is it possible to create what I can only explain as a not for profit organisation, or one that has a charitable status. A pair of us are looking to do something for UK nationals resident in France and UK visitors; we may need to employ sponsorship. Sorry to be so limited in my post, but I am just feeling the way. Any thoughts on NFP and Charity most welcome.
Hi Chris
This does exist - my golf club has this status but I can't remember what they call it. Having dinner with french friends tomorrow night so should be able to find out if the answer hasn't already appeared.
Not sure if it is just golf clubs but they are still very formal with the AGM with proxy votes and registering into the meeting and formal voting. What's wrong with a show of hands
French bureaucracy.
Really don't know what the tax advantages or TVA advantages are.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Try this "à but non lucratif"
Old Feb 17th 2012, 9:18 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjm
Hi, google "Association à but non lucratif 1901", e.g. http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/a...ns/F1120.xhtml
A lot of paperwork, formal AGM to create it, "Statuts" to draft, at least 2 Administrators in the "Bureau". Everything filed at the Préfecture... Formal AGMs to prepare thereafter....
Avoid employing any one, you'd be enmeshed in the web of the URSSAF, Pôle-Emploi, etc...
I know, I'm involved in one and it's a permanent head-ache!
But it's compulsory if you want to get grants and sponsors....

Last edited by dmu; Feb 17th 2012 at 9:31 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 7:25 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, google "Association à but non lucratif 1901", e.g. http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/a...ns/F1120.xhtml
A lot of paperwork, formal AGM to create it, "Statuts" to draft, at least 2 Administrators in the "Bureau". Everything filed at the Préfecture... Formal AGMs to prepare thereafter....
Avoid employing any one, you'd be enmeshed in the web of the URSSAF, Pôle-Emploi, etc...
I know, I'm involved in one and it's a permanent head-ache!
But it's compulsory if you want to get grants and sponsors....
I've got a headache just reading your note!! But thanks. It might be easier to set up 'for profit' but notearn any. But will explore.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 11:03 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cjm
I've got a headache just reading your note!! But thanks. It might be easier to set up 'for profit' but notearn any. But will explore.
A friend found this: http://www.statutsdesociete.com/sep.html

It appears to get by all the issues that appear to continue to plague dmu. Any comments?
Old Feb 18th 2012, 11:47 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjm
A friend found this: http://www.statutsdesociete.com/sep.html

It appears to get by all the issues that appear to continue to plague dmu. Any comments?
Sounds good, but it really depends on what exactly your purpose is.
If you intend to apply for "subventions" from your Mairie, I suspect you may still need to be an Association 1901 to justify that you're non-profiting-making.
Maybe some one has knowledge of this type of structure and can comment? It's unknown to me but I'll ask my OH....

P.S. Found this link
http://droit-finances.commentcamarch...icipation.php3
which indicates that it's intended for COMMERCIAL business, not non-profit-making....

Last edited by dmu; Feb 18th 2012 at 11:54 am.