Reload this Page >

Not entitled to maternity leave

Not entitled to maternity leave

Old Jan 6th 2014, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

fizz99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not entitled to maternity leave

Hello all,

I've recently found out I'm not entiteld to maternity leave pay (I've been working in france since march 2013 and I am due to give birth on 28th Jan, so I'm still pregnant. I stopped work on 16th december and offically I can go back April 7th, however I will have to go back early. would it be worth telling my employer now or until the baby is born?

Situation is dire at the moment, I haven't received the baby bonus yet and I am registered with social secuity but they haven't given me my card vitale yet, just a temporary number and an attestation which indicates I'm entiteld to 100% maternity funding.

I'm just wondering what my options are with regards to getting help, so I can pay for rent and bills this month. Am I entitled to RSA? If so, how much help will I receive? I've already been registered to receive food from the food bank with social assistance, I'm more than willing to get back into work as soon as the birth is done and I'm fit to walk - my partner will be taking care of the baby. We are currently not married and I'm the sole earner.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 6th 2014, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not entitled to maternity leave

Entitlement to RSA depends on earnings, contributions and other factors and I rather suspect that if you're not entitled to maternity leave you may not be entitled to RSA either. Rather than try to figure it all out for yourself, waste time for applying for the wrong things and miss out on things you may be entitled to, the best person to ask is your assistant sociale, she will know about every sort of help you are eligible for and help you apply. I thought that CAF helped with rent? and I believe there is a reduced electricity tarif for low incomes?

Good luck, sound like you need it.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 5:20 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not entitled to maternity leave

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Entitlement to RSA depends on earnings, contributions and other factors and I rather suspect that if you're not entitled to maternity leave you may not be entitled to RSA either. Rather than try to figure it all out for yourself, waste time for applying for the wrong things and miss out on things you may be entitled to, the best person to ask is your assistant sociale, she will know about every sort of help you are eligible for and help you apply. I thought that CAF helped with rent? and I believe there is a reduced electricity tarif for low incomes?

Good luck, sound like you need it.
+1.
Go to your Mairie ASAP and make an appointment with the Assistante Sociale. You should also discuss your return to work with your employer - they may have given a CDD to someone to replace you and might not be able to take you back earlier.... Your gynaecologist might decide that you aren't fit to return to work... It isn't really up to you to decide!
Good luck!
And quite off-topic, but has your partner got healthcare coverage? Not being legally bound to you, your future S.S. wouldn't cover him....