Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

No more help from Europe

No more help from Europe

Old Feb 1st 2021, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute
Default No more help from Europe

I am having big problems getting my French pension and even though all the paperwork is in order and my application was correctly registered and sent to France via INPS (I live in Italy) I have heard nothing official for 14 months. I cannot get my Italian pension until France validates the 14 years I spend there so I now have received no pension for 14 months. This morning I thought of using the EU service for helping citizens who have problems such as mine with European administrations and public bodies but you have to enter your nationality and of course the UK is no longer on the list (and there is no "other nationality" allowed). If anyone knows a way of exerting pressure on the CARSAT please let me know. They don't give any valid help when I phone them and sorry to say so, tell outright lies.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 8:19 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No more help from Europe

Originally Posted by nicktonight
I am having big problems getting my French pension and even though all the paperwork is in order and my application was correctly registered and sent to France via INPS (I live in Italy) I have heard nothing official for 14 months. I cannot get my Italian pension until France validates the 14 years I spend there so I now have received no pension for 14 months. This morning I thought of using the EU service for helping citizens who have problems such as mine with European administrations and public bodies but you have to enter your nationality and of course the UK is no longer on the list (and there is no "other nationality" allowed). If anyone knows a way of exerting pressure on the CARSAT please let me know. They don't give any valid help when I phone them and sorry to say so, tell outright lies.
Sorry to hear this. Not quite the same situation, but getting my UK validation for the years worked there was straightforward several years ago when applying for my French Pension....
https://www.lassuranceretraite.fr/po...info/home.html
Have you got an Espace Personnel on the above site through which you could chase them up?
Good luck!
Old Feb 1st 2021, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this helps. But it some cases it looks as if delays of up to 18 months is 'nomal'.
https://www.eor.fr/dossier-retraite/...traite/delais/
'The channel related to the instruction and correction of your rights: These are all requests you make to pension funds before age 57-58. A request for rectification or precision enters this channel. To obtain answers from the 'caisses de retraite' or any clarifications, 15 days to 3 months are necessary. If an allocation of points or a period of work needs to be corrected, the formalities may take 6 months. If you have been abroad and it is appropriate to recognize certain periods of work abroad by the French system then it can take up to 12-18 months.'
Another related link.
https://www.retraite.com/caisse-retraite/carsat/

Old Feb 1st 2021, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicktonight
Very worrying. I have no advice, just to supportive to be persistant as you are able. The lies are getting more comman. Is it the Pandemic or that everyone is so overextended in every way they don't see their way out and just make it up as they go along? Complete downfall is on its way I fear.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies. Yes I do have an "espace personnel" on the assurance retraite site where my right to have a 100% pension from 1 December 2019 is stated with my validated number of trimesters. When I first requested my pension in May 2019 I was told not to make the request until 3 months before my retirement date.

I was rather disappointed about the EC complaint/help system withdrawing the rights of UK subjects to get help so quickly after Brexit. Quite a few promises were made to UK expats (or is that just my imagination) but very few seem to have been honoured.

Last edited by nicktonight; Feb 1st 2021 at 11:09 am.