Reload this Page >

Nice - where to rent and language courses

Nice - where to rent and language courses

Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

nickiinlondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nice - where to rent and language courses

Hello

This is my first posting so I apoligise if these are really common questions, but I'd appreciate some feedback/suggestions etc.

I'm thinking (very seriously) on a move to Nice, could be short term (6 months) or long term, who knows...

I will obviously need to live somewhere so will be looking for a studio/ v. small 1 bed flat. My budget is around 650 euros per month – I know I have to pay months and months in advance and mr/mrs immobilier a load of cash for the pleasure of dealing with them – is this reasonable or should I re-think/buy a tent?

Area-wise any suggestions on places to look at/avoid - I'm not after a luxury apartment with sea view but would like to feel safe walking down the road I live on at night!

Language courses - there are so many places and I have no idea what they're like. If anyone has done a language course I'd love to know where, and what they thought of it.
At the moment I'm thinking: 3/4 hours a day for a month at beginner level, take a week or two off, then move up to next level for a month etc...

Thanks
Nicki
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nice - where to rent and language courses

Originally Posted by nickiinlondon
Hello

This is my first posting so I apoligise if these are really common questions, but I'd appreciate some feedback/suggestions etc.

I'm thinking (very seriously) on a move to Nice, could be short term (6 months) or long term, who knows...

I will obviously need to live somewhere so will be looking for a studio/ v. small 1 bed flat. My budget is around 650 euros per month – I know I have to pay months and months in advance and mr/mrs immobilier a load of cash for the pleasure of dealing with them – is this reasonable or should I re-think/buy a tent?

Area-wise any suggestions on places to look at/avoid - I'm not after a luxury apartment with sea view but would like to feel safe walking down the road I live on at night!

Language courses - there are so many places and I have no idea what they're like. If anyone has done a language course I'd love to know where, and what they thought of it.
At the moment I'm thinking: 3/4 hours a day for a month at beginner level, take a week or two off, then move up to next level for a month etc...

Thanks
Nicki

Nicki cant give advice on NICE excpt €€€€€€€€€'s

language mmmmm i did a class was great me two russians, lots of arabs ans there it fell

the russians where like 60wks ahead of the arabs and i was shocked!

worse a new entry to class from cambodia BACK TO STAGE ONE..... strart all over !!!!

I left so did the russians, one has stayed a good friend although i am sure was KGB LOL, i learn from not knowing. so that silly arse deep end phrase works
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

javajive will become famous soon enoughjavajive will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nickiinlondon

Thanks
Nicki
My wife went to Alliance Francaise in Nice about 10 years ago (so may be out of date). I have also studied with them in an English speaking country. Both of us are happy customers.

The contact is
Alliance Francaise 2 rue de Paris. Nice.
Tel: 04 93 62 67 66 Fax: 04 93 85 28 06
http://www.alliance-francaise-nice.com/
Old Apr 20th 2005, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

nickiinlondon is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the reply - will add them to my list and have a look at the website.