Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

New low rate roaming/international calling smartphone

New low rate roaming/international calling smartphone

Old Dec 12th 2013, 10:18 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default New low rate roaming/international calling smartphone

I recently attended a charity event and met an inventor who has come up with some amazing technology (not VOIP) to allow you to roam and use your mobile phone across 66+ countries at very low coast... or even free worldwide.

Firstly I have absolutely no commercial connection to this company and as a non-techie, have no idea how this works... but I spoke to someone who told me that he had made LOADS of calls all over the world and paid a really low price.

This inventor is also giving a very large % of the revenue (not profit!!) to charity as well. He is UK/Spain based.

Check this out and the FAQ's section as well for more details, please don't ask me as its all gobble-di-gook.... but it works, according to the person I spoke to at the party!!

I think you need a smartphone to use this service...

https://www.wonefone.com/h/about/

Good luck

Jo
Old Dec 12th 2013, 10:27 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New low rate roaming/international calling smartphone

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I recently attended a charity event and met an inventor who has come up with some amazing technology (not VOIP) to allow you to roam and use your mobile phone across 66+ countries at very low coast... or even free worldwide.

Firstly I have absolutely no commercial connection to this company and as a non-techie, have no idea how this works... but I spoke to someone who told me that he had made LOADS of calls all over the world and paid a really low price.

This inventor is also giving a very large % of the revenue (not profit!!) to charity as well. He is UK/Spain based.

Check this out and the FAQ's section as well for more details, please don't ask me as its all gobble-di-gook.... but it works, according to the person I spoke to at the party!!

I think you need a smartphone to use this service...

https://www.wonefone.com/h/about/

Good luck

Jo
Hi, hope he applied for a Patent before making his invention public!
Old Dec 12th 2013, 10:33 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Yes I think he has done all that... I met him at the party and he seems to have all the bases covered... and international support as well.... I think it mentions that also somewhere on his site....

Jon
Old Dec 12th 2013, 11:35 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
It's not an invention really, it's merely a call routing system you still need a local sim card for the cost savings which means an unlocked phone for globe trotters as you will need to change the sim card when you cross borders and to have the numbers registered within their system via an installed app. It's the same as Sykpe in relation to phone call routing haven't compared the costs though.

Last edited by Chatter Static; Dec 12th 2013 at 11:39 am.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 1:14 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
It's not an invention really, it's merely a call routing system you still need a local sim card for the cost savings which means an unlocked phone for globe trotters as you will need to change the sim card when you cross borders and to have the numbers registered within their system via an installed app. It's the same as Sykpe in relation to phone call routing haven't compared the costs though.
Its patented so it sounds like something new = invention to me, but thats just semantics. I heard it was very different to Skype.. but I don't know the tecchie stuff. I have an unlocked phone, you can buy them unlocked at the start, or I heard its really cheap to unlock them yourselves with a code. Having bought it unlocked from the beginning, I am able to swap SIM's.

Actually I dont bother as EU laws have made roaming cheaper and I dont use it a lot - so I just have a PAYG contract. Over the next few years EU will kill roaming altogether.

You need a smartphone for this - which I don't have. I heard it was significantly cheaper than Skype, and the guy that uses it makes a huge savings in phone bills, doing business internationally with his phone.

But each person needs to check out the details to see if it is worth it for their particular usage. Even though I posted I don't use it, and haven't checked it out as I don't have a smartphone.

I reckon international businesses may find this really interesting.

Jon
Old Dec 12th 2013, 1:47 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Its patented so it sounds like something new = invention to me, but thats just semantics. I heard it was very different to Skype.. but I don't know the tecchie stuff. I have an unlocked phone, you can buy them unlocked at the start, or I heard its really cheap to unlock them yourselves with a code. Having bought it unlocked from the beginning, I am able to swap SIM's.

Actually I dont bother as EU laws have made roaming cheaper and I dont use it a lot - so I just have a PAYG contract. Over the next few years EU will kill roaming altogether.

You need a smartphone for this - which I don't have. I heard it was significantly cheaper than Skype, and the guy that uses it makes a huge savings in phone bills, doing business internationally with his phone.

But each person needs to check out the details to see if it is worth it for their particular usage. Even though I posted I don't use it, and haven't checked it out as I don't have a smartphone.

I reckon international businesses may find this really interesting.

Jon
It's Patent Pending which means the paperwork has been filed but no patent has been granted. For the calls to be free it relies on local calls from a mobile to a land line be free by the sim card provider

Last edited by Chatter Static; Dec 12th 2013 at 1:57 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Helpful and informative, Jon, thank you.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 1:48 pm
Quien no sabe

Originally Posted by SteveVoIP
Hi everyone.
Reported
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 2:21 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

some one is spamming, 5 posts all identical, across the Spain and France forums

reported
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 5:01 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone using wonefone or know anyone who is? It's quite interesting as a concept but a user review would be useful.