Reload this Page >

Netball in Paris?

Netball in Paris?

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Helendean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Netball in Paris?

Hello
I'm new to chatrooms and new to Paris so please forgive any daftness.

I moved here from England a couple of months ago and so am still finding my feet bigtime. I live in the 11th arrondissement of Paris.
I've done a few searches and asked around a little but can't find anywhere to play netball, does anyone know of it going on anywhere in Paris?

I played for a team in Birmingham, not any amazing standard but really enjoyed it and would love to carry on playing for the sport and for the social side of things.
If anyone could help to point me in the right direction I would be massively grateful.
Equally if anyone knows of cool,lively cheapish bars in beautiful Paris I'd love to hear your tips - I've got some mates coming out to visit this week and would love to hear about the best places to go out on the lash.
Thank you very much for any hints or just hellos
Helen
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:22 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Netball in Paris? Cool lively cheapish bars?

Originally Posted by Helendean
Hello
I'm new to chatrooms and new to Paris so please forgive any daftness.

I moved here from England a couple of months ago and so am still finding my feet bigtime. I live in the 11th arrondissement of Paris.
I've done a few searches and asked around a little but can't find anywhere to play netball, does anyone know of it going on anywhere in Paris?

I played for a team in Birmingham, not any amazing standard but really enjoyed it and would love to carry on playing for the sport and for the social side of things.
If anyone could help to point me in the right direction I would be massively grateful.
Equally if anyone knows of cool,lively cheapish bars in beautiful Paris I'd love to hear your tips - I've got some mates coming out to visit this week and would love to hear about the best places to go out on the lash.
Thank you very much for any hints or just hellos
Helen
Welcome to the forums and cant help you but look in the yellow pages (Pages Jeunes) for sports clubs and im sure they will help.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for replying and for your help. Unfortunately the Pages Jaunes don't have any netball listings so I'm presuming I'm gonna have to change to a different sport - unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Kind thanks in advance
Helen
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Bel de la bourre is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Helen, not sure what kind of bars you're into, but I occasionally pop over to Belleville to have a drink with friends (rosbif and crapeau) Aux folies, on the rue de belleville, just 20m up from the metro at...err, Belleville. It's the haunt of the hip, young (ish) gunslingers of the hill and as good a place as any to start a night out.
I'm a banlieusard myself, Saint Denis, prefering the danger to the bright lights these days.
Amusez-vous bien,
Bel
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Oh, and it's cheap for a Paris drinking hole, if not a bit rough and ready!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Ha, I'm on a roll now....you might also want to take a hike into the fifth to Place de la Contrescarpe at the top of Rue Mouffetard, the 'place' is what most people expect Paris to be, so it's always good for friends coming over and there's plenty of pubs and clubs in the area where you can keep going 'til the early hours...it's where the slightly less hip, studenty gunslingers and moped cowboys and girls saddle up of a samedi soir.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:46 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for replying and for your help. Unfortunately the Pages Jaunes don't have any netball listings so I'm presuming I'm gonna have to change to a different sport - unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Kind thanks in advance
Helen
I wasnt suggesting looking Netball look for Municipal Sports Clubs as these are the people in the know and they will be able to give you the low down on where to look for netball stuff. Failing that heres the mairies number for sport.

Yellow Pages in France and white Pages

Mairie de Paris (Direction de la Jeunesse et des Sports)

Coordonnées principales
  • Centre sportif Jean Dame
    17 r Léopold Bellan 75002 PARIS
    • 01 55 80 78 35
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Oh wow Ka Ora and Bel Bourre you've both been dead helpful, thank you v much. I'll give la mairie a buzz and see what they say, thank you mucho.

Those bars sound cool, I'll let u know as soon as I've sampled their wares; you must be a mindreader rough n ready are my kind of bars! And the 5th is only a little step away cos I'm in the 11th.

Thanks again for taking the time to help!
Helen
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

gregk is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh wow Ka Ora and Bel Bourre you've both been dead helpful, thank you v much. I'll give la mairie a buzz and see what they say, thank you mucho.

Those bars sound cool, I'll let u know as soon as I've sampled their wares; you must be a mindreader rough n ready are my kind of bars! And the 5th is only a little step away cos I'm in the 11th.

Thanks again for taking the time to help!
Helen
For a cool, ultra-Parisian hangout, try La Cordonnerie (142, rue Saint Denis, 2nd arrondissement).

It's unpretentious and popular with the young after-work crowd, thanks to its dirt-cheap happy hour (2,5 euros/pint).

On Thursdays and Saturdays they serve free couscous, arrive at 7ish if you want a seat.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much Greg K, there's nothing better than a dirt cheap happy hour
Merci beaucoup
H
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Tujeste is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Helen
I lived in Paris a few years back (too many years back!) and played hockey for CF Paris - which is Circle Feminin de Paris (although they run mens teams too). They play over in the 16th close to Bois de Boulogne. I too lived in the 11th - close to Place Leon Blum - and it was a straight forward metro ride over. Quite a few English/Irish girls played for the club - but I dont think they had a netball side. (I played for the mens side btw). CFP were quite a young and very social club which helped - they ran several tours including going to a tournament down in Cannes - the first time I ever toured by train!

You could try the sports club out at Meudon which is (or was then) a haven for Brits - but it is out in the burbs and not so easy to get to.

The pub scene is ever changing - but if you feel the need for a good pint of guiness then the Quiet Man on Rue des Haudriettes was a pretty good and authentic pub with good trad irish music nights.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:52 am
Just Joined

InParis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Helen,
Did you ever find anywhere to play netball? I'd really like to play too but can't find anywhere!! Let me know!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I can't help you much on the netball front - there's a lot of sports activities and courts near my local Carrefour (16th district bordering close to Boulogne) - it's possible they have something going on there.

If you find any cheap bars let me know - I shudder every time I go out and see the prices! I've been to a few of the Scottish, Irish and English pubs in Paris and one or two French cocktail bars, but one place is much like another really. The latin quarter has a good atmosphere at night, so something around there would be my rather general recommendation.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Hello, no I never did find anywhere to play netball. I've just moved to Pré St Gervais and am thinking of trying for the volleyball altho I haven't properly played since school unless you count random beach volley in Goa. So no, netball seems like a no-go. Glad to hear someone else is interested in it tho, I miss it soooo much!
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 9:52 am
Just Joined

rheajayde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Netball in Paris :)

Hi all!
Not being able to attend evening netball because of work commitments, i have created a group for netball, practicing at 1.30 during the week, generally thursday or friday.
If anyone is interested, come check us out at this facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=141264899250923
Cheers
Rhea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.