Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Need help with quoting...

Need help with quoting...

Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Flutterfly has a brilliant futureFlutterfly has a brilliant futureFlutterfly has a brilliant futureFlutterfly has a brilliant futureFlutterfly has a brilliant futureFlutterfly has a brilliant future
Default Need help with quoting...

I must be stupid or something, can't work out how to quote people in that nice little grey font that most people seem to manage. I have tried the obvious, highlighting the text, copying and pasting but it looks all big and black, and not small neat and grey at all!

Any advice anyone......
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:13 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help with quoting...

Originally Posted by Flutterfly
I must be stupid or something, can't work out how to quote people in that nice little grey font that most people seem to manage. I have tried the obvious, highlighting the text, copying and pasting but it looks all big and black, and not small neat and grey at all!

Any advice anyone......
I think you click the "quote" blue box thing at the bottom right. This is what I just did now, and got this. If it works, that's what you do. If it doesn't, well, someone else will tell you!!!!!

Andy
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Flutterfly has a brilliant futureFlutterfly has a brilliant futureFlutterfly has a brilliant futureFlutterfly has a brilliant futureFlutterfly has a brilliant futureFlutterfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Andrea50
I think you click the "quote" blue box thing at the bottom right. This is what I just did now, and got this. If it works, that's what you do. If it doesn't, well, someone else will tell you!!!!!

Andy
Ok Just trying it, it still looks big and black in my box, maybe it will turn out small and grey when it appears! Thank you!
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:02 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Looks like it worked .....

PS You are NOT stupid. I didn't know how to do it either, but now we both do!!

Andy
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:08 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy
Now try the Multi Quote button.......
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:09 pm

Any advice anyone......
Just

Ok Just trying it, it still looks big and black in my box, maybe it will turn out small and grey when it appears! Thank you!

Andy
This
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:11 pm
Grey Bombshell

OMG!

As a total cyberphobic and complete computerhater, NO NO NO!!!!!:curse:
Old Mar 8th 2008, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

No can't get the hang of that Ka Ora, what do you do first?

I tried it like this: Press multi quote under the message you want to quote- it goes pink, then select the bit of text? Then press reply..... but the bit of my quote didn't appear, then if it had, how would I go back to get the next bit I wanted to quote???>>>

:embaressed_smile: - I really feel stupid now, but would like to learn how to do it.......Thank you
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:06 pm

No can't get the hang of that Ka Ora, what do you do first?

I tried it like this: Press multi quote under the message you want to quote- it goes pink, then select the bit of text? Then press reply..... but the bit of my quote didn't appear, then if it had, how would I go back to get the next bit I wanted to quote???>>>

:embaressed_smile: - I really feel stupid now, but would like to learn how to do it.......Thank you
No what ya do is press the middle one so it goes pink press another if you want but on the last post you want to quote just press the regular quote button. Then all the posts open up in the text box.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
No what ya do is press the middle one so it goes pink

Oh I see...

press another if you want but on the last post you want to quote just press the regular quote button.

It works like a dream..

Then all the posts open up in the text box.
You are a star Ka Ora Thanks