British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   Moving within France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/moving-within-france-950899/)

dmu Apr 4th 2024 7:06 pm

Re: Moving within France

As an update, the announcement on the centralized Gouv.fr site went like a doddle, but a couple of "obscure" French pensions weren't covered and I had to inform them snailmail.
After unsuccessful attempts on the Orange site and help-line, I finally discovered from a human being in the Orange boutique in Montpellier that the line is cut 10 days after the date of cancellation. No need for a Registered Letter, you can cancel on-line or via the help-line, which I duly did, and they send you a Bon de Transport to return the LiveBox (still waiting for this....) within 30 days. I can return it the day before the move, perfect!
But I've discovered that my Wanadoo (= Orange) address will only be accessible for 6 months after the cancellation, so another list of people to inform, not included in the Usual Suspects, has had to be created!
D-Day is approaching fast, but IMO the worst has been done, the rest is physical.... ;)

Helen1964 Apr 5th 2024 5:21 am

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 13247626)
As an update, the announcement on the centralized Gouv.fr site went like a doddle, but a couple of "obscure" French pensions weren't covered and I had to inform them snailmail.
After unsuccessful attempts on the Orange site and help-line, I finally discovered from a human being in the Orange boutique in Montpellier that the line is cut 10 days after the date of cancellation. No need for a Registered Letter, you can cancel on-line or via the help-line, which I duly did, and they send you a Bon de Transport to return the LiveBox (still waiting for this....) within 30 days. I can return it the day before the move, perfect!
But I've discovered that my Wanadoo (= Orange) address will only be accessible for 6 months after the cancellation, so another list of people to inform, not included in the Usual Suspects, has had to be created!
D-Day is approaching fast, but IMO the worst has been done, the rest is physical.... ;)

Excellent! I’ve been researching tearooms.

BEVS Apr 5th 2024 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 13247626)
As an update,

dmu. I have popped in here specifically to wish you well and all the very best with this move. New beginnings and I hope each and every day will be filled with nothing but smiles..
M

dmu Apr 7th 2024 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 13247823)
dmu. I have popped in here specifically to wish you well and all the very best with this move. New beginnings and I hope each and every day will be filled with nothing but smiles..
M

Thank you! The 4th Chapter of my life will soon be commencing.....

dmu Apr 23rd 2024 7:48 pm

Hi, all! Just a quick update to say that, after a few days visiting DD1 in Berlin, I'm getting my act together in Strasbourg. A few hitches with computer and internet, but they've been ironed out by the helpful staff (I'm in a Résidence Séniors....) and I'm back in the cyberworld.
I also got the staff to call Electricité Strasbourg for me, otherwise all the Administrations/Organisations seem to have dealt with my move. DD2 now has the car in Lyon and she can change the Carte Grise when she wants - for the moment, I'm still the official owner....
For the moment, I feel as though I'm on holiday in an AirBnB, but I'll miss my rural village when it dawns on me that this is now Home and that I'll only be going there for holidays....
OTOH, I'm sure I'll enjoy life here!:)

graham.miln Apr 23rd 2024 8:20 pm

That is wonderful news. Great to hear you are getting settled.

cyrian Apr 23rd 2024 10:37 pm

Best wishes for your new life. :thumbsup:

Helen1964 Apr 24th 2024 8:06 am

Just call me if you get lonely!
xxxx