floradeli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Tours

Thank you for the wishes. )
Old Jun 17th 2014, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

FrogTrans is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Floradeli,

I know your post dates back to last winter but I was just wondering if you were now in Tours and settled.
My name is Florence, I am French and my husband is English and we lived in England for 10 years until 2012. We then moved to the vendée area of France and we moved to Tours in January this year. We live in a nice big house in tours nord (sainte radegonde area) and it took us forever as well to find the right house in the right area at the right price. I hope you've been successful in finding the right accommodation for you and your family.
We have three kids (boy, girl and boy) aged 6 1/2, nearly 5 and 3 1/2, all born in England. They are bilingual. They will go to Ecole Paul bert from september, opposite the Ile Aucard.
I work from home (translator) so I don't get to meet many people and my husband is working at the British Embassy in Paris so he doesn't know people in Tours either appart from aquantances from The Pale, the Irish pub Rue Colbert.
We both lived in Tours before in the late 90's early 2000's, and we always said we wanted to come back here as we love the city so much.
We are looking at meeting with some expats families. Our kids have joined "English for kids", a language school in Tours so that they can keep up with their English and there are some expats taking their kids there too so I'm hoping we get to meet people this way.
Anyway, I hope you get this message and if anyone else is living in Tours and fancies meeting up with a busy expats family, then please contact us!
Cheers,
Flo
Old Jun 17th 2014, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Hi Flo,

That is fine. I am always happy to hear from new people.
We settled in Tours Nord, very close to the tram station Marne. For the moment we live in an apartment since this is a new job for my husband and we wanted to be sure before buying something.

Right now we have two daughters - one who is 7 years old and one is just a little over 2 weeks old. ) My 7year old goes to Ecole Charles Peguy

I work as an English teacher from home, teaching via Skype mostly. My husband works as a purchaser for a major French company. We also don't know too many people at this point. I know an English speaking group who meets once a month, but I have not been to any meetings for the last two months of my pregnancy.

We like Tours a lot as well and all the castles surrounding it.

We did not plan to put Sophia into any sort of English school - her English level is higher and more complicated then an average American child her age has. I teach her to read in English, at the same time as she is learning in French in school and we try to provide as much culture in her life as possible. We would like to subscribe her to some activities, since she has an enormous amount of energy.

We would be happy to meet up sometime in the future. At the moment I need a couple more weeks to recover after giving birth.

Cheers,

Diana
Old Jun 19th 2014, 9:42 am
Just Joined

FrogTrans is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Diana,

Thank you for your reply and congratulations on the birth of your daughter! We live very close to each other as we are a little walk away from the tram terminus (Vaucanson) in Tours Nord. It's always difficult to find the right place to live when you move to a new city. We were lucky to know Tours beforehand so we knew where to look and where not to look.

It'd be lovely to meet up at some point when you feel ready. I'm easy, I've had three kids in three years so I know you might need a few weeks. It's important to enjoy those precious first moments as they grow up so quickly.

So when you feel ready there's a fabulous park near the Loire in Sainte-Radegonde with a large play area for the kids and they even have a "kids café" (café des enfants) at weekends and on Wednesdays when the weather is nice. That could be something to do.

Keep in touch and let me know when you feel up to meeting up.

Florence
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Hi Florence,

Yes, I would be happy to meet up at some point as well. Yes, you are right about the rest at this point I feel sleepy most of the time and the other time I am occupied with the baby.

Thank you for the offer, that sounds good. If you want you can contact me directly via e-mail and we can keep on communication that way from now on. My e-mail is snip.

Enjoy your Sunday,

Diana

Last edited by Sue; Jun 23rd 2014 at 11:07 am. Reason: Email address removed
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

@floradeli
Indicating your personal e-mail on an open forum is very unwise. It will surely be harvested by spammers.
Suggest you use the private message (pm) facility which is safe.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:43 am
Just Joined

It's too late but you are right. I cannot remove it now or if I do, I don't know how to do it.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floradeli
It's too late but you are right. I cannot remove it now or if I do, I don't know how to do it.
I suggest one of the site moderators can remove it for you.