Moving to Paris...

Wikiposts

Moving to Paris...

Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Robert J is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Moving to Paris...

Originally Posted by jimi292
Not at all, there are always ever two reasons for making such a change, love or money, and I haven't got a job yet.
Ha-ha so true. I am not ashamed to say that my reason for moving would be love too. Although I do also love Paris and everything that it has to offer so I think that helps too.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Peabrain
Hi again,
If you have a business degree then you might be able to find a job, as English-speakers with decent qualifications are in some demand. However, we are going through a major crisis, unemployment is high and there's a lot of competition. If I were you, I don't think I'd bother with a language school, unless your French really isn't up to scratch. The people that teach in language schools tend to be latter-day slaves.
I'm not sure I'd come over without having found a job. That's as important as mastering the language.
I live in Lyon. Bondy isn't the nicest spot to live in, but it's probably not too expensive and fairly handy for Paris.
PB
Your right Bondy is not the nicest place to live but after staying there a few times I would like to think that I would be able to cope! It is close to the city and probably gives a better representation of the 'real' Paris. It's not all Eiffel Towers & Arc de Triomphes

Why would you say that you would not go without a job on the table first?
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

jimi292 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Moving to Paris...

Originally Posted by Robert J
Ha-ha so true. I am not ashamed to say that my reason for moving would be love too. Although I do also love Paris and everything that it has to offer so I think that helps too.
It's true, Paris is an amazing city and it's easy to see why it's the number one tourist location in the world. I am looking forward to discovering it all. Must remember that learning the language is also important, but studying seems so mundane with a world of things to see, do and experience.

Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jimi292
It's true, Paris is an amazing city and it's easy to see why it's the number one tourist location in the world. I am looking forward to discovering it all. Must remember that learning the language is also important, but studying seems so mundane with a world of things to see, do and experience.

I like your attitude! Good luck on your move (tomorrow?) and please let me know how you are settling in with Paris life!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Moving to Paris...

Originally Posted by Robert J
I like your attitude! Good luck on your move (tomorrow?) and please let me know how you are settling in with Paris life!
Tis tomorrow the the big day. I'll keep you posted
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Goodluck with the move jimi292 - I'm sure you'll love it here.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 12:36 am
Just Joined

Dodong is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everyone

in relation to Paris query. I was wondering if you have any suggestions for a hotel that is located near some beautiful sites. I have 100-200 euro budget. Is this sufficient to stay here http://www.charlesdegaulleairport.co...ss-roissy-cdg/ for my trip

thank you
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by G-J-B
Goodluck with the move jimi292 - I'm sure you'll love it here.

Merci beaucoup !!!
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 4:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dodong
hello everyone

in relation to Paris query. I was wondering if you have any suggestions for a hotel that is located near some beautiful sites. I have 100-200 euro budget. Is this sufficient to stay here http://www.charlesdegaulleairport.co...ss-roissy-cdg/ for my trip

thank you
Hi Dodong!

Is your budget 100-200 Euro's per night or for your whole stay?

From what my girlfriend tells me the hotels in and around the centre of Paris are very expensive, so it could be difficult trying to find somewhere close to the beautiful sites you are after.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of

Hi,
CDG airport is quite a way out and not the world's nicest area. To get into Paris you have to take the RER B line which goes through some of the Paris region's most depressed and depressing estates. It takes some time too. The last time I stayed in a Paris hotel a couple of years ago it was around 100€ a night. Look it up on the Internet on hotel booking sites; there is an abundance of choice. I'd give airport hotels a miss anywhere unless it's for a very early morning flight.
PB
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dodong
hello everyone

thank you
Ironically or should I say coincidentally, this hotel has had good reviews recently and is located near the Gare St Lazare:

http://www.hotel-paris-orient.com/

I've also seen good reviews of:

http://www.hoteljeannedarc.com/bienvenue_en.html

which is located in the Marais district.

These are easily inside your budget, but check them out.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Mar 23rd 2011 at 10:46 pm.