Moving to Paris for 6 months

Moving to Paris for 6 months

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Nextgig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Paris for 6 months

Hi All,

Google helped me find you.

Like the title says, my employer is sending me to Paris for 6 months, and I need some advice on where would be best to stay. I've visited Paris numerous times but have never actually lived there. I will be working in Ruel Malmaison to the east of Paris.

Is it possible to live within walking distance to work?
How much should I expect to pay for a 1 bed flat?
Any areas which I definitely shouldn't live in?
Will I be able to find a 6 month lease?
Where is the best place to have a look?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Paris for 6 months

Sorry can't help with answers about Paris.
You are probably better to avoid the post-code area 93 which is notorious throughout France.
You are best to try to live on a Metro line which serves you workplace.
You will find people who want to rent on the black market i.e. they don't pay tax on the rent. It can be difficult to get your deposit back at the end of the rental period. Consider using an agent.

Good luck
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice Cyrian. I'll definitely be going through agents, especially because I've never lived there before.

And when I said to the East of Paris, of course I meant to the west of Paris!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nextgig
Thanks for the advice Cyrian. I'll definitely be going through agents, especially because I've never lived there before.

And when I said to the East of Paris, of course I meant to the west of Paris!
AH - Rueil-Malmaison that's different - forget what I said about le 93 and the Metro. You shouldn't have a problem finding somewhere in that area. Again check transport links to and from work and also into Paris.

Try this link http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/trouverles...BDBF652.yas02g
If it doesn't work then try http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/ and type in immobiliers location and 92500 for the area.
One of the agents had 3d views also

Good luck
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 4:47 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nextgig
Hi All,

Google helped me find you.

Like the title says, my employer is sending me to Paris for 6 months, and I need some advice on where would be best to stay. I've visited Paris numerous times but have never actually lived there. I will be working in Ruel Malmaison to the east of Paris.

Is it possible to live within walking distance to work?
How much should I expect to pay for a 1 bed flat?
Any areas which I definitely shouldn't live in?
Will I be able to find a 6 month lease?
Where is the best place to have a look?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, Do you really want to live in Paris and commute out every day, wasting so much time and energy (not to mention when the RER is on strike)?
I'd look for a short-term lease in Rueil-Malmaison itself, it's a pleasant town to live in and there's a direct RER to take you into the centre of Paris for visits.
Can't help on the rent front, I haven't lived in the suburbs for 20 years!
Have you considered flat-sharing for 6 months? Google "colocation Rueil Malmaison" and you may just come across convivial flat-mates in a large flat.
Good luck!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Thank you both for the advice, i'll follow up on them tonight.