Reload this Page >

Moving to Limousin (or close)

Moving to Limousin (or close)

Old Jan 4th 2014, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

tugrin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Limousin (or close)

Hello Everyone,
I originally posted here back in the early summer of last year and was planning to retire to France within the next 2-3 years. However, much has changed and I am now in a very big rush. My job ends at the end of April and that's me in early retirement! I'm doing up my house to put on the market at the beginning of March and will be coming over to look at areas aand houses in May/June.
I am hoping to live either somewhere near Arnac-Pompadour or in the west of the Auvergne. I would like to know how much(roughly) to add on to a euro purchase price on a purchase of between 66,000 to 84,0000 euros. Looking on the Paris notaires site it seems to be about 9500 euros?? A rough percentage would be very helpful.
I may rent but ultimately will buy.
I would appreciate advice on buying please. No need to try and dissuade me - I'm long past that stage- encouragement only please!!
Old Jan 4th 2014, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Limousin (or close)

http://www.calcul-frais-de-notaire.fr/
Old Jan 4th 2014, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks eurotrash!
Now any ideas about moving and storage charges from UK? Say storage for 4 months.
My children want me to arrive there with a red spotted hanky carrying my toothbrush tied on a stick and nothing else...I however am not inclined to sell or throw away the whole of my previous life.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Free estimates for removals and storage available from e.g. http://www.schepens.co.uk/european/france+removals/
and many other similar sites. It will depend how much stuff you want to store, and whereabouts in the UK you are moving from.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks -they look like a very good place to start. I know this all makes me sound a bit clueless but I figure that you guys are the best people to ask and have no agenda.