Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Moving to France post-brexit/job-hunting on tourist visa?

Moving to France post-brexit/job-hunting on tourist visa?

Old Apr 8th 2021, 7:00 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to France post-brexit/job-hunting on tourist visa?

Originally Posted by Kas23
Hi all,

Thanks for your continued support. I've gathered all the documents needed to apply for a 5 year residency permit granted under the withdrawal agreement for British citizens moved to France prior to Jan 1st 2021. I initially didn't believe that would be possible but now (after endless research) it seems the only viable option. Fingers crossed...
I'm a bit confused, since you said you lived and worked here last year, but are currently in the UK, wishing to join your gf in Lyon. To benefit from the WA, don't you have to be in France and prove continued residence, etc.... before 31st December 2020, when applying for a residency permit on-line? If you're in the UK, you'd need a Visa from the French Consulate before you can return here.
Or have I got it all wrong?
And bear in mind that, even with a Visa in hand, you'll have to contend with the Covid restrictions and its consequences on employment.
Sorry to sound like a Cassandra, but do make 100% sure that your "only option" is viable.
HTH