Reload this Page >

Carte de sejour

Carte de sejour

Old Mar 26th 2021, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

rwshullandteach is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carte de sejour

Hello everyone,

I have a prefecture appointment next week for my carte de Sejour and was wondering if anyone had done the same recently and knew what was going on?
A brief overview of my situation, I've been living in France since July 2018, I have all of my proof of residence for my total time here, cart de Vital, bank account, numero securite sociale, a reference letter and contracts with 2 companies in France (unfortunately they are both temp partiel)
I don't have much in the way of savings as I've just moved to Paris and it kind of cleared me out. I know that they don't ask for bank statements, but does anyone have any advice on what else I may need to take to my prefecture appointment (if anything) and if there is anything else I may need to tell them? I'm waiting to hear back about a full-time job that I had an interview for this week, for example.

Thank you very much

Rob H
Old Mar 27th 2021, 7:58 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carte de sejour

Originally Posted by rwshullandteach
Hello everyone,

I have a prefecture appointment next week for my carte de Sejour and was wondering if anyone had done the same recently and knew what was going on?
A brief overview of my situation, I've been living in France since July 2018, I have all of my proof of residence for my total time here, cart de Vital, bank account, numero securite sociale, a reference letter and contracts with 2 companies in France (unfortunately they are both temp partiel)
I don't have much in the way of savings as I've just moved to Paris and it kind of cleared me out. I know that they don't ask for bank statements, but does anyone have any advice on what else I may need to take to my prefecture appointment (if anything) and if there is anything else I may need to tell them? I'm waiting to hear back about a full-time job that I had an interview for this week, for example.

Thank you very much

Rob H
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Some one who has been there, done that, will come along to advise, but does "all" include the most recent Utility Bills and the Taxe d'Habitation (and Foncière if you own property) and Avis d'Imposition for 2019 and 2020?
If the two part-time jobs provide the "ressources" required, then I imagine that you fulfill all the conditions...
Good luck at the appointment!
Old Mar 27th 2021, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

I assume that this is for the Withdrawal Agreement card is it ? and presumably you have already submitted proof of residence etc ?
Old Mar 27th 2021, 10:29 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Listen Very Carefully
I assume that this is for the Withdrawal Agreement card is it ? and presumably you have already submitted proof of residence etc ?
But maybe they want to see everything on paper, to confirm? Better to take every conceivable document, than not enough.....
A last-minute thought - take your French Permis de Conduire, too, and proof of Mutuelle if you have one. It all adds up....
Old Apr 6th 2021, 9:41 am
Just Joined

bpeel is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if the OP would like to confirm whether they needed any of the extra documents or not. My understanding is that once you get an appointment they have basically already looked through all the documents you submitted online and confirmed your application, so the RdV is just a minor formality. I have an appointment on Thursday and it only says that I need to bring my passport and a photo. A reply to another post seems to confirm that the RdV was quite simple.

I’ll probably take along as many documents as possible anyway just in case.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 10:03 am
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bpeel
I wonder if the OP would like to confirm whether they needed any of the extra documents or not. My understanding is that once you get an appointment they have basically already looked through all the documents you submitted online and confirmed your application, so the RdV is just a minor formality. I have an appointment on Thursday and it only says that I need to bring my passport and a photo. A reply to another post seems to confirm that the RdV was quite simple.

I’ll probably take along as many documents as possible anyway just in case.
I would say, for the appointment take your copie of all the documents you submitted and never ever forget your EDF/water bill
Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:01 am
Just Joined

bpeel is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my appointment this morning. I can confirm they didn’t ask for anything other than my passport and a photograph. They just took my fingerprints and said I will receive the carte de séjour in the post. Great!