Reload this Page >

Moving to France

Moving to France

Old Aug 26th 2019, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

panchotino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to France

Hi everyone.
Myself and my French partner are moving to France soon. I was wondering if anyone could recommend (or has) a removals company?
Its not a full house move, around 6 to 10 m3 mostly boxes moving from Newcastle upon Tyne to Igny. I have a full inventory but the issue we are having is no-one will commit to dates which is no help as we'll be working between countries until the start of October. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!
Adam.
Old Aug 26th 2019, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to France

Hi Adam
The problem is probably because you don't have a full lorry load.
We used a local removal company who contracted with another removal company who deliver to all of Europe.
Our carrier delivered our possessions to the European carrier who delivered it to France.
These European carriers wait until they have a full lorry load.
Ours was also going to Italy and possibly elsewhere.
Which Igny do you mean? Is it the one near Paris?
It is likely that they will give you a date range for delivery.
Our carrier was Luker Bros in Oxford - you could ask them if they work with a local company near you.
You could also ship essentials over yourself or use an airbnb as temporary accommodation.
HTH
Old Aug 26th 2019, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Adam,
There may be just one Igny - I didn't read the list properly.
Old Aug 27th 2019, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

6 - 10m3 is just a van load - there must be plenty of "man with van" outfits who would do that - Google search "man with van europe delivery" brings up lots of options for sending smaller loads across Europe.
Old Aug 27th 2019, 7:33 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyrian
Hi Adam
The problem is probably because you don't have a full lorry load.
We used a local removal company who contracted with another removal company who deliver to all of Europe.
Our carrier delivered our possessions to the European carrier who delivered it to France.
These European carriers wait until they have a full lorry load.
Ours was also going to Italy and possibly elsewhere.
Which Igny do you mean? Is it the one near Paris?
It is likely that they will give you a date range for delivery.
Our carrier was Luker Bros in Oxford - you could ask them if they work with a local company near you.
You could also ship essentials over yourself or use an airbnb as temporary accommodation.
HTH
If you move any form of distance here the container goes on a train and another company at the other end does the unload....
Old Aug 27th 2019, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Hi. Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, its Igny near Paris.
Its true about the van load thing. We've had a fair few quotes and when we get down to dates, they are well in the future. Problem is, we are having to come back after moving for work stuff so there'd be no-one at the house after those dates. We just need to find someone who already has some stuff to take over that we can top up! I'm not loosing hope just yet!
Cheers.
Old Aug 27th 2019, 9:44 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by panchotino
Hi everyone.
Myself and my French partner are moving to France soon. I was wondering if anyone could recommend (or has) a removals company?
Its not a full house move, around 6 to 10 m3 mostly boxes moving from Newcastle upon Tyne to Igny. I have a full inventory but the issue we are having is no-one will commit to dates which is no help as we'll be working between countries until the start of October. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!
Adam.
Hi Adam,
We commute a few times a year between Newcastle and Normandy and regularly use the P&O Hull-Zeebrugge overnight ferry. It's a two and a bit hours drive from Toon to Hull and for us, just under a 5 hour journey from Zeebrugge to our second home in western Calvados. We often see hired vans on board: ask around the rental companies and just bring your stuff with you.
Old Aug 27th 2019, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Hi Novocastrian.

Cheers. We've had a look on Anyvan for a smaller van so hopefully something will come up there. Unfortunately we don't drive or else I'd just have hired one myself.
Old Aug 27th 2019, 11:02 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Novocastrian.

Cheers. We've had a look on Anyvan for a smaller van so hopefully something will come up there. Unfortunately we don't drive or else I'd just have hired one myself.
Ah. Unfortunate indeed. BTW I'm retired now but curious about what your work is in Newcastle.
Old Aug 27th 2019, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Hi.
I work in finance in Newcastle but it is more my partner who has to do a bit of back and forth with work as she works in research. I'm going to be a kept man for a bit of time!
Old Aug 27th 2019, 11:17 am
Born again atheist

Hi.
I work in finance in Newcastle but it is more my partner who has to do a bit of back and forth with work as she works in research. I'm going to be a kept man for a bit of time!
Hmm. I rather suspected one or the other of you might be an academic. Don't ask me why, but as a retired professor myself my spider sense is well developed.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 12:37 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

try Ian Simpson. Based in the Gers but does regular trips back and forth.
http://burgeuropeanremovals.com