Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Money Transfer?

Money Transfer?

Old Apr 7th 2023, 8:09 am
Just Joined

dummel has a reputation beyond reputedummel has a reputation beyond reputedummel has a reputation beyond reputedummel has a reputation beyond reputedummel has a reputation beyond reputedummel has a reputation beyond reputedummel has a reputation beyond reputedummel has a reputation beyond reputedummel has a reputation beyond reputedummel has a reputation beyond reputedummel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money Transfer?

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi its Wise itself that offers the cashback - and started doing that that recently. So its all round a good product....

Jon
Thank you. I sent money mid Feb and hadn't seen that. Zut!
Are there any conditions or caveats? Or available for anyone and everyone?

Update: I just had a quick look at their site and see mention of a "business card".

"Who's eligible to get cashback?

Currently cashback is available to selected Wise business card customers in the UK."

Oh, that's me counted out then, I neither have a Wise business card nor am I in the UK.

Last edited by dummel; Apr 7th 2023 at 8:16 am.
Old Apr 8th 2023, 1:54 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money Transfer?

Originally Posted by dummel
Thank you. I sent money mid Feb and hadn't seen that. Zut!
Are there any conditions or caveats? Or available for anyone and everyone?

Update: I just had a quick look at their site and see mention of a "business card".

"Who's eligible to get cashback?

Currently cashback is available to selected Wise business card customers in the UK."

Oh, that's me counted out then, I neither have a Wise business card nor am I in the UK.
Sorry I dont know the caveats etc. I thought all Wise customers started getting cashback recently... I read this on another thread somewhere. Im getting my cashbacks on £ & € accounts and it was a nice surprise when they announced it. I'm guessing that it would apply to other currencies as well. I dont know for sure

A huge advantage of Wise is that for a small initial cost you get a debit card. This card is international. For example I was in Croatia last year (pre euro) In a few clicks I opened a HRK Account.... Using the card there was like having a local card (as long as there were sufficient funds in the account). No fx and commission charges on every transaction as you would carrying your normal card on holiday .... Cash from ATMs was great too...... No fx charges

And preloading the HRK account was a one of transaction with a single and good ex rate.

Go for it!

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 8th 2023 at 1:56 am.