Medical arrangements

Old Mar 13th 2013, 1:19 am
Just Joined

Roch470 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical arrangements

thanks everyone - really appreciated.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

Garonne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud of

It was introduced in 2008 that all documents have to be officially translated.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 3:15 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garonne
We must have slid under the barrier ....
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:11 am
Just Joined

catsanddogs is an unknown quantity at this point

we came to dept 23 in June 2010 me pensioner my husband not, I got the carte citale, his is in my name, did not need any forms translating, since then have also registered car and got french driving license all without
needing translations
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Garonne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Garonne
I'm sorry, I must have been having a bad day yesterday. It was introduced last year if I recall correctly.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

yep think so ... some test departments perhaps before as I know the Gers has asked for them for a while; whereas Toulouse was last July
Old Mar 16th 2013, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

TinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really nice

Originally Posted by Roch470
Can someone help me please understand what we will need to do.
My husband and I are both 62 and retiring at the end of April. We are planning to move to live in France and I am confused about how we will stand in respect of medical cover.
I am in receipt of a State Pension here in the UK but my husband is not entitled until he reaches 65.
Will I be covered under the French system because I am retired? and does my husband come under that through living with me? do we need to sort out additional cover?
Thanks in advance
Hi, since you are in receipt of a UK state pension you need to ask the DWP for an S1 form for yourself and one for your husband as your dependent. Then you submit these forms to the local health insurance office (CPAM) and this will get you into the French state healthcare system. Once you are registered in the state system you can obtain top-up health insurance.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 5:16 am
Just Joined

peter.timmins is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone. My wife is in receipt of ESA and DLA in the UK and we're planning on moving out to France in April next year when I can draw my company pension at the age of 55. Reading between the lines on this post and others, could you confirm that my wife can apply for the carte vitale with me as a dependent and then we just need to top up via a mutuelle? Thanks and apologies for any mis-spellings
Old Jun 13th 2013, 5:37 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peter.timmins
Hi everyone. My wife is in receipt of ESA and DLA in the UK and we're planning on moving out to France in April next year when I can draw my company pension at the age of 55. Reading between the lines on this post and others, could you confirm that my wife can apply for the carte vitale with me as a dependent and then we just need to top up via a mutuelle? Thanks and apologies for any mis-spellings
Welcome to the Forum and should you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

She will qualify for an ongoing S1 whilst on ESA from the DWP which can be turned into a carte vitale at CPAM.

The S1 is valid whilst on ESA and the normal time limits don't apply they can be open ended or valid for 8 years depending on the medical status of the applicant. Contact the DWP Overseas team in Newcastle closer to the time of departure.

Last edited by Chatter Static; Jun 13th 2013 at 5:41 am.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 5:57 am
Just Joined

peter.timmins is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks Chatter Static, much appreciated.