Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Masters Degree in France

Masters Degree in France

Old May 17th 2015, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

lafilleanglaise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Masters Degree in France

I'm seriously considering doing my Masters degree in France, but am a little confused as to the structure of it. Does the Bologna process mean that all Masters degrees in France are 2 years long and not 1 year?

When I was on my year abroad in France a few years ago, I had friends who were doing one year master degree programmes , but all the research that I'm doing now suggests that it has to be two years. Can anyone advise me on this? I'm intending to do political science if that helps.

Merci d'avance
Old May 17th 2015, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masters Degree in France

They do seem to be 2 years. You have to pass the first year, which is kind of a qualification in itself, then you do the second year and then you get all the rights and privileges etc of a Masters.

I'm saying that because every single one of the many dozens of recent Masters transcripts that I've translated have been 2 years, but of course that doesn't conclusively prove that 1 year Masterships don't exist.
Old May 17th 2015, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masters Degree in France

Hi,

Yes it's always 2 years unfortunately

French people can go to the UK and complete their masters degrees in 1 year however you would have to do the 2 year course.