market stall

Old Sep 11th 2010, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default market stall

Broke into the world of French markets today, with a stall in my local village market. It took several weeks until I was finally approved and I am only allowed to sell things I wrote on the list on my application letter. People were extremely kind and helpful and I have to say the experience was good. It helped being a known mum at the local school, as I was able to collar people into buying things!!
Anyway just thought I'd share my fun!!
Old Sep 11th 2010, 7:50 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: market stall

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
Broke into the world of French markets today, with a stall in my local village market. It took several weeks until I was finally approved and I am only allowed to sell things I wrote on the list on my application letter. People were extremely kind and helpful and I have to say the experience was good. It helped being a known mum at the local school, as I was able to collar people into buying things!!
Well done! All the best for the future!
Old Sep 11th 2010, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light

Hey, that's great news. Well done you. Good luck with it, and enjoy!
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:02 am
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of

I'm impressed by your courage to do that - it must have taken some real guts to take that step. Well done!
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:26 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Top Notch........
Old Sep 12th 2010, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear it was a positive experience.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

thx for all your positive comments!
It was rather scary making the decision to be legal (ie a proper business) and understanding all the legal requirements (H+S and labelling) and then how to apply for a stall; but I am glad I did it.

Today I went foraging for wild fruits at a spot near us and found wild apples, medlars, rosehips, figs, blackberries, elderberries, and hawthorn berries, all destined fro jams etc for the stall.

I am about to launch a website to sell my jams locally too and am going to try and sell via this site in local businesses to whom I would then deliver the goods.... but thats for when I am less knackered!
Old Sep 26th 2010, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

roylyn3 is just really niceroylyn3 is just really niceroylyn3 is just really niceroylyn3 is just really niceroylyn3 is just really niceroylyn3 is just really niceroylyn3 is just really niceroylyn3 is just really nice

Hi,

I have set up to use this site for my parents. I am going to try to get them to use it tomorow - I don't know if I will but I will try - they live in Moissac near Toulouse and have began to make jam too. I doubt they will do much selling to be honest but may on a very small scale or try to sell to a small business as extra stock. I have been looking into where to get jars at a reasonable price for them so if you have any ideas that would be fab also they don't have many british friends in their area so I'm kind of hoping to find them some people they can have contact with too which I think would do them both good. Anyway I'm sorry to babble on but if anyone lives near them who is also looking to speak to other brits and make friends then please let me know and I will put you in contact.

Good Luck with the stall xxx
Old Sep 27th 2010, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

hi there

I cant off the top of my head recall the name of the company where i buy my jars but it is from the uk as it is cheaper there

Either you can wait till I am back home this eve; or you can bob over to the other forum I belong to and find the name there under the jams section...

www.cottagesmallholder.com

Old Sep 27th 2010, 6:35 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Im not in Toulouse but nearish anyway our Supermarkets and the local Farmers Co Op have jam jars. That being said they are not the prettiest jars on the shelf.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:25 am
Just Joined

roylyn3 is just really niceroylyn3 is just really niceroylyn3 is just really niceroylyn3 is just really niceroylyn3 is just really niceroylyn3 is just really niceroylyn3 is just really niceroylyn3 is just really nice

hi there

I cant off the top of my head recall the name of the company where i buy my jars but it is from the uk as it is cheaper there

Either you can wait till I am back home this eve; or you can bob over to the other forum I belong to and find the name there under the jams section...

www.cottagesmallholder.com

Thanks I will have a look at that
Old Sep 27th 2010, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

www.ascott.biz

around 75c/jar delivered to france; not cheap but the cheapest I could find
Old Sep 29th 2010, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

Can't believe a jar costs 75c.when a full jar of Bon Maman Fraise costs 1.14 at Carrefour.
Maybe a sign on your stall asking for clean jamjars or 25cents rebate with returned jars might help or is there a health and safety issue there?
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

journojenny is an unknown quantity at this point

Very impressive - well done. I'm sure the French will enjoy your jams!
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

thx all

here is the website to accompany the market sales; sadly no deliveries farther than toulouse and even then certain places only!!

http://maisonmichele.pagesperso-orange.fr/