Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Le Plumber.........

Le Plumber.........

Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:41 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Le Plumber.........

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
...and you really expect me not to say the obvious?
Looks like you could squeeze another in there
Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:46 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Looks like you could squeeze another in there
Another what? In where?
Old Jan 27th 2011, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Another what? In where?
Wink-wink, nod-nod!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

MEN!!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
MEN!!
Not in my shower
Old Jan 27th 2011, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

ROFL
Old Jan 30th 2011, 12:52 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

This began as a serious conversational thread, but has descended into DIY nudge, nudge. What a shower!
Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by le plumber
What we use is WEDI - you can get it in thicknesses from 4mm upwards. You just stick it on your old tiles/walls - its great stuff. Its what all the tilers use. If you go to your local plumbing merchants they should have a catalogue they can give you. Otherwise they may have an online catalogue if you have a look
I have all my boards and what have you, But im having a bit of a problem sourcing the Wedi Washers. Best I get is you dont need them use glue and im not going to just use glue because half the shower is on to steel studs. Do you happen to know of any French Stockist that do online ordering as I cant seem to find a stockist list on the Wedi France site.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

I have all my boards and what have you, But im having a bit of a problem sourcing the Wedi Washers. Best I get is you dont need them use glue and im not going to just use glue because half the shower is on to steel studs. Do you happen to know of any French Stockist that do online ordering as I cant seem to find a stockist list on the Wedi France site.
I know what you mean - the germans and the swiss use the washers but in france they all say you don't need them
I have asked about before but nobody I know stocks them and even less want to order them. To be truthful, I've never seen anything fall apart because washers weren't used - everybody just seems to use tile mortar Try your local builders yard - Doras, Point P, Pagot Savoie etc - I'm pretty sure you wont find any but you could always try and them to order some
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:48 pm

I know what you mean - the germans and the swiss use the washers but in france they all say you don't need them
I have asked about before but nobody I know stocks them and even less want to order them. To be truthful, I've never seen anything fall apart because washers weren't used - everybody just seems to use tile mortar Try your local builders yard - Doras, Point P, Pagot Savoie etc - I'm pretty sure you wont find any but you could always try and them to order some
Casto have the hammer in ones for the thick boards but you one get 8 in a pack which ends up as a lot of wastage " In Cost" to remove the shaft just to end up with a washers with grippers as Wedi recommend 6 washers/fixings per 1m 2.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 6:19 am

My local builders yard said they could get them lead time of 3 weeks to 4, My local Cedeo was super unhelpful despite having Wedi shower trays and the traps on the shelf drove 70 kms visited two more Cedeo's after speaking to Wedi France who said they could send them to any enterprise in three days just not directly to a customer, The last Cedeo ordered them for me and they should be in tomorrow or monday
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:13 pm

Well They have finally turned up, 37 Euros for a packet of washers mind you 11 of it was transit. But the same washers are 14.99 in the UK
Old Mar 25th 2011, 1:35 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps posted from UK might have been a better solution, cost wise at least.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Well They have finally turned up, 37 Euros for a packet of washers mind you 11 of it was transit. But the same washers are 14.99 in the UK
So hows this bathroom coming along??
Old Mar 26th 2011, 9:39 pm

So hows this bathroom coming along??
As well as the divorce, Which ironically is doing well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.