Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Lawyer's in Pau

Lawyer's in Pau

Old Jul 25th 2011, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

rhonaovens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lawyer's in Pau

Hi can anyone help i need to find an English speaking lawyer in Pau France to help my son see his daughter he has been send papers from the court but don't understand them as don't speak french his ex partner is trying to stop him seeing his child if anyone can help i would be most grateful
Old Jul 25th 2011, 10:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lawyer's in Pau

Originally Posted by rhonaovens
Hi can anyone help i need to find an English speaking lawyer in Pau France to help my son see his daughter he has been send papers from the court but don't understand them as don't speak french his ex partner is trying to stop him seeing his child if anyone can help i would be most grateful
Hello and welcome to the site. I am moving your thread over to our France Forum...hopefully someone living in France will be able to answer your question.

If you have any problems finding your way around the rest of the site Ka Ora is the concierge for the France forums...he will act as your tour guide and help you find your way around BE's many forums.

Any problems or complaints should be addressed to a moderator. Mitzyboy is the moderator for the France forums but if he's not around any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Good luck.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:59 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the Forum

He should contact the court dealing with the matter, They will appoint a official translator "traducteur". But work ones way thought the Pages Jaunes in the Avocat "Lawyer/Solicitor" section kicks back lots of results
Old Jul 26th 2011, 1:29 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Welcome to the Forum

He should contact the court dealing with the matter, They will appoint a official translator "traducteur". But work ones way thought the Pages Jaunes in the Avocat "Lawyer/Solicitor" section kicks back lots of results
Hi,
Ka Ora's given you the best advice - contact the Court and obtain a translation of the Judgment. French judges always hand down judgments in the children's best interests and, unless the fathers have been abusive, the rights of visit are set out fairly and the mother can't refuse....
Once you know exactly what the Judgment says, and if no one can recommend an Avocat in your area, les Pages Jaunes is the best plan, but you'd have to ring them up to find out whether they speak English (and also make sure that it's not the child's mother's Avocat).
Hope this helps!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Default aperment/hotel near international school of Bearn Pau France

Hi Can anyone help me i am looking for a apartment/hotel to stay in for 5 days in September trying to get near this school as i am coming over to see my daughter and she goes to this school also can you tell me if the school is near the court house?
Thanks for your help
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 10:15 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aperment/hotel near international school of Bearn Pau France

Hi Can anyone help me i am looking for a apartment/hotel to stay in for 5 days in September trying to get near this school as i am coming over to see my daughter and she goes to this school also can you tell me if the school is near the court house?
Thanks for your help
Sorry, don't know Pau at all, but this map might help
http://www.pau.fr/plandeville/planville.html
if you enter the name of the school and "Tribunal d'Instance" in "saisir mots".
I have the impression there aren't any BE members in Pau, so would suggest looking for hotels in "Les Pages jaunes" or googling "Pau Office de Tourisme" for accommodation.
P.S. Sorry, but I tried entering Tribunal.. and nothing came up! Look in the Pages Jaunes for "Tribunal de Grande Instance" for the address and enlarge the town plan to see where it's located

Last edited by dmu; Aug 3rd 2011 at 10:26 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 7:49 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Me again.
I was half asleep in my last post and didn't notice that the Title of the thread had changed!
http://isobearn.over-blog.org/
shows that the International School of Béarn is in Morlaàs, a town to the N.E. of Pau. Therefore a long way from the Tribunal de Grande Instance which is in the centre of Pau.
Hope this helps!
Old Sep 15th 2011, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Welcome to the Forum

Hi Ka Ora hope you are well got sorted with Lawyer now can you help me find a hotel os apartment near or beside the Tribunal in Pau
(court house) thanks Rhona
Old Sep 16th 2011, 5:20 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi, go on Pages Jaunes or google "hotels Pau" and you'll find a list and can check on the map for proximity to the Court. There are a few BE members who've recently moved to Pau. They'll be able to help better than those living far away...
Hope this helps! And good luck at the Tribunal