Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

La Poste account

La Poste account

Old Jan 14th 2014, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default La Poste account

I still have an account that I opened in the early 90s it has a few euro in and every Jan I get a statement for my few cents interest sent to Spain.I'm thinking of buying a place in France can I still use it for larger amounts given I am obviously no longer resident ?
Old Jan 14th 2014, 5:46 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: La Poste account

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
I still have an account that I opened in the early 90s it has a few euro in and every Jan I get a statement for my few cents interest sent to Spain.I'm thinking of buying a place in France can I still use it for larger amounts given I am obviously no longer resident ?
Can't help personally, but if no one can advise, you can ask them directly on:
https://www.labanquepostale.fr/parti.../contacts.html
Old Jan 14th 2014, 6:20 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

You will need to tell la Banque Postale before initiating any transfer. Depending on how well they know you and the amount you are thinking of transferring they will likely ask you for some clarification such as source of funds, purpose of transfer and a history of where the funds originated. They may also ask for employment history, recent payslips and proof of tax residence. This is all to conform with anti-money laundering guidelines which are based on the assumption that just about everyone with spare cash is either a criminal or tax evader until proven otherwise.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 6:21 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
You will need to tell la Banque Postale before initiating any transfer. Depending on how well they know you and the amount you are thinking of transferring they will likely ask you for some clarification such as source of funds, purpose of transfer and a history of where the funds originated. They may also ask for employment history, recent payslips and proof of tax residence. This is all to conform with anti-money laundering guidelines which are based on the assumption that just about everyone with spare cash is either a criminal or tax evader until proven otherwise.
Not been our experience of bank transfers here..

But make sure the money is sent in Euros as if the exchange is done buy the receiving bank they are at liberty to charge whatever.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

cardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond repute

Transfer details on teir website. Seems easy in EU.

https://www.labanquepostale.fr/parti...de_emploi.html
Old Jan 15th 2014, 3:11 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
Not been our experience of bank transfers here..

But make sure the money is sent in Euros as if the exchange is done buy the receiving bank they are at liberty to charge whatever.
It depends very much on the size of the transfer. The OP says that for years he has just kept a few Euros in the account and that now he is thinking of transferring enough money to buy a house. It's best to be aware, in advance, that questions may be asked, just in case it causes any embarrassment after the event.