Kellogs!!!

Old Sep 14th 2009, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

mcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to all
Default Kellogs!!!

Hi i was just wondering if they happen to do kellogs in france, also nescafe or any other english foods.

Cheers
Old Sep 14th 2009, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Kellogs!!!

Originally Posted by mcmorrow1
Hi i was just wondering if they happen to do kellogs in france, also nescafe or any other english foods.

Cheers
Many English cereals are readily available in all the supermarkets here. LeClerc, Carrefour, Super U. I think the only one I've never seen is Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, which are my favourite. Porridge I find a bit more difficult. Quaker oats are available everywhere, (they remind me of sawdust!) but we prefer whole rolled oats, which I have yet to find in our area. It's one of the very few things we bulk buy when we visit the UK, along with Heinz baked beans which we can buy here, but at 1.40 a tin! Nescafe ~ No problem. It would also depend where you choose to live I guess.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 11:06 am
Banned

Babbitt is an unknown quantity at this point

AS we live in SW Pyrenees we take a monthly trip to Irun just over the Spanish border. This is the only place we have found Crunchie Nut Cornfflakes. The rest you are correct, any major supermarket.
Carrefour do Crumpets and good Cheddar.

Any one know where we can buy english bacon, english sausag and suet ?

Bye for now
Old Sep 14th 2009, 11:29 am
Banned

LindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Babbitt
AS we live in SW Pyrenees we take a monthly trip to Irun just over the Spanish border. This is the only place we have found Crunchie Nut Cornfflakes. The rest you are correct, any major supermarket.
Carrefour do Crumpets and good Cheddar.

Any one know where we can buy english bacon, english sausag and suet ?

Bye for now
Cultivate a friend who comes back to UK regularly, or who knows somebody that does. We take huge shopping lists of stuff back to France for people, which invariably include bacon, sausages, paint etc. The most recent request was for 4 tyres!!
Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

mcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to all

Thankyou so much for your replys. Its nice to know that you can get english food there. We emmigrated to Australia 4 years ago and they do loads of English foods here, but with us emmigrating to France we weren't too sure if they did them or know if they were easy to get hold of without taking trips back to the uk. It was mainly cereals i was after like cornflakes, rice krispies, coco pops. I would be able to cope with certain french foods but cereals i have to admit must be English.
We're moving to sw france - sigoules half hour from bergerac so hopefully there will be a shop close by.
Thanks again.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:17 am
Banned

LindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really nice

I am sure Bergerac will be able to supply all of your needs. All of the main supermarkets now have "English" shelves
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

I see them for sale in some supermarkets in the special import section, but they're not worth the horrendous import prices! Some of the French brands aren't so terrible are they? These days I have fromage frais for breakfast, mixed with some fruit and a bit of French cereal; I don't miss my English cereals anymore.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 1:05 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G-J-B
I don't miss my English cereals anymore.
Neither do I, although I do keep some Special K in case I run out of bread by breakfast time!
P.S. Our 2 supermarkets have most of Kelloggs, Quaker Oats, Weetabix, Shredded Wheat... on the "petit déjeûner" shelves, not in the import section.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dmu
Neither do I, although I do keep some Special K in case I run out of bread by breakfast time!
P.S. Our 2 supermarkets have most of Kelloggs, Quaker Oats, Weetabix, Shredded Wheat... on the "petit déjeûner" shelves, not in the import section.
I agree with dmu. Our supermarkets have no British sections, but all have pretty much every English cereal other than Crunchie nut cornflakes..
Old Sep 18th 2009, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcmorrow1
Thankyou so much for your replys. Its nice to know that you can get english food there. We emmigrated to Australia 4 years ago and they do loads of English foods here, but with us emmigrating to France we weren't too sure if they did them or know if they were easy to get hold of without taking trips back to the uk. It was mainly cereals i was after like cornflakes, rice krispies, coco pops. I would be able to cope with certain french foods but cereals i have to admit must be English.
We're moving to sw france - sigoules half hour from bergerac so hopefully there will be a shop close by.
Thanks again.

I'm not the one who goes shopping in our familly, so I may be wrong, but I know you can get similar cereals to the kellogs range - and I find that the french equivalents aren't so good. For example they do equivalents for rice krispies and sugarpuffs (both of which i've never seen the originals) but I don't seem to enjoy them as much. Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are one of my favorites too and I too have never found them in France
I went back to the UK in May and was addicted to the Nestlé Oats & More range - Can't find them in France either As far as englsih foods go you will find a small selection but don't expect it to be like your local Sainsburys!!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by le plumber
I'm not the one who goes shopping in our familly, so I may be wrong, but I know you can get similar cereals to the kellogs range - and I find that the french equivalents aren't so good. For example they do equivalents for rice krispies and sugarpuffs (both of which i've never seen the originals) but I don't seem to enjoy them as much. Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are one of my favorites too and I too have never found them in France
I went back to the UK in May and was addicted to the Nestlé Oats & More range - Can't find them in France either As far as englsih foods go you will find a small selection but don't expect it to be like your local Sainsburys!!
Crunchy nut cornflakes are great... Haven't had them in years. I see an awful lot of Nestle products including cereals in Paris. I'll have to keep an eye peeled to see if they do the oats too.