Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Keep up to date with Bird Flu here

Keep up to date with Bird Flu here

Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

Energy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Keep up to date with Bird Flu here

This site is all you need to keep upto date with the spread and breaking bird flu news. Especially useful if you live in the AIN region where things are unfortunately happening, but I'm in Provence and keeping my eye on the Camargue and the migrating birds.

http://www.birdflurss.com

The site updates whenever a breaking news story drops, there is a main RSS feed for any of you that know how to use them, a list of other RSS feeds available on this subject and a load of other useful information (WHO updates etc).

Best to keep your eye on it.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 4:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Keep up to date with Bird Flu here

I think it is all media scaremongering, they forget to tell you it is only caught by possibly breathing in the dried bird droppings.
And unless you sleep in the coop with them thats hardly likely, i will still have my chicken roast, korma, tikka etc.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
I think it is all media scaremongering, they forget to tell you it is only caught by possibly breathing in the dried bird droppings.
And unless you sleep in the coop with them thats hardly likely, i will still have my chicken roast, korma, tikka etc.

Who knows my friend. Sounds like scientists are now worried about pets mixing into the equation and eating the dead birds.

France are getting a pretty rough time of it what with their International poultry trade being dropped on a large scale.

Keep your eye on it and if you like chicken McNuggets you may have to settle for an alternative very soon!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken mcnuggets yuk, I only like real chicken
Old Mar 1st 2006, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future

just had a form in the post to fill in BEFORE 18th

listing all birds you own

plus to report any dead birds found on your property

seeing the bresse chicken gonna be gone soon?
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:13 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

No need to panic just seen this on the web.

Bush Declares War on Birds
Guaroville City, Guaroville, October 17: President George W. Bush today declared "war on birds" as the administration's official plan for dealing with the possibility of a global pandemic of bird flu virus. "We have placed Professor McGuffin, a noted expert from Guaroville, on retainer to develop a first-strike strategy for the bird flue.

"By infecting the birds before they infect people," Bush blathered on at great length, "we can not only avert the pandemic, but at the same time save money that can be better spent on keeping our troops in Iraq for the rest of the 21st Century."
Old Mar 4th 2006, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

stewart is an unknown quantity at this point

WHAT NEXT?????

Smoking is bad for you, drinking is bad for you, sunshine is bad for you, butter, marge, sugar, salt, coffee,

And now its not wise to breath in dried bird droppings?????

Well thats my weekends spoilt!!!!
Old Mar 5th 2006, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stewart
WHAT NEXT?????

Smoking is bad for you, drinking is bad for you, sunshine is bad for you, butter, marge, sugar, salt, coffee,

And now its not wise to breath in dried bird droppings?????

Well thats my weekends spoilt!!!!
nice.

bourgogne - Sunset for France's famous chickens

We got two quality chickens for the price of one yesterday at Auchan! Keep them coming.