Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Just lovin' it - the bureaucracy.....

Just lovin' it - the bureaucracy.....

Old Mar 10th 2015, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just lovin' it - the bureaucracy.....

We have a young gardener who comes 3 times a year to do what I term the 'heavy stuff'. He's affiliated to the CESU, so we take advantage of this system to pay him by special cheque, the cheque-book of which was provided to us by CNCESU (National Centre of Cheque Emploi Service Universal). We've been doing this for several years, and it's certainly beneficial to both the employee and ourselves - we benefit from (I think approx 50%) tax reduction, plus being insured for any damage he may cause (fortunately never happened yet).
Yesterday he phoned to ask if we could provide him with an attestation employeur, which I believe allows him to eventually benefit from a pension.
Mme TP then immediately took this on-board. About an hour later, I heard all sorts of foreign blasphemy coming from her in front of the computer. Clearly she was having trouble to log-in and get the info required from the Pole-Emploi website.
Fast forward another hour and umpteen telephone calls later - during which time she was passed from one department to another, and then back to the original person. Again I heard a number of untranslatable words being uttered.
It was at this point that I intervened, and asked her if she really thought the many expats who may use the similar service, would bother, indeed even have the adequate French or tenacity to provide the 'employers certificate' that was being requested.
I told her to call the gardener back and tell him that it was proving to be too difficult and time-consuming. That was like a red flag to a bull, and after a strong black coffee - and now in true revolutionary style -picked up the phone again. It was time for me to exit, this was dangerous territory!
When I came back in, she had got some sort of half-knowledgeable information from either CNCESU or Pole-Emploi, and was told to create another password on their site to be used with her previously allocated pole-emploi identification number. This she did, and is now waiting for an e-mail reply - so not out of the woods yet.
As indicated in other recent posts, it's exactly this sort of bureaucratic impasse that encourages folks to at least think about taking on undeclared workers.
France - who was it that said, "I'm lovin' it."
Anyone else experienced problems with the same issue, i.e. providing an employers certificate?
Old Mar 10th 2015, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just lovin' it - the bureaucracy.....

I don't know about CSU but normally all the social security-related attestations you need are provided automatically online, you just need to download them from your espace client and print them off as required. Have a look there before you start cussing, it might be easier than you think.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just lovin' it - the bureaucracy.....

ET, thanks for this.