Jam car

Old Apr 11th 2009, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of
Default Jam car

hello all & happy easter,
Now before i start i am not the best at financial wizardery,
Through circumstance i have to purchase a new car, before the red light starts flashing, i understand most legal things in france,speak french,have good job in france and have several options of paying(got the dough!) so not a problem on my living, also OH has good job too.
I would like to use some money i have in a english account and i thought of streching the payments for the economy and also bet the euro will change against the pound? a years time who knows
Is it possible to set up a direct debit payment for a purchase in france?sounds logical but probalably illegal or costs twice as much with possible change to euro,taxes,whatever.....
was offered 3% on payments at Renault garage
Old Apr 11th 2009, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of
Default Re: Jam car

whoops !!its jam jar not jam car you can see i am a idiot...
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jam car

Originally Posted by Nibbler
hello all & happy easter,
Now before i start i am not the best at financial wizardery,
Through circumstance i have to purchase a new car, before the red light starts flashing, i understand most legal things in france,speak french,have good job in france and have several options of paying(got the dough!) so not a problem on my living, also OH has good job too.
I would like to use some money i have in a english account and i thought of streching the payments for the economy and also bet the euro will change against the pound? a years time who knows
Is it possible to set up a direct debit payment for a purchase in france?sounds logical but probalably illegal or costs twice as much with possible change to euro,taxes,whatever.....
was offered 3% on payments at Renault garage
Its nothing illegal. All you need is ans IBAN and that should be OK.
I used to do that when the Franc was stonger than the pound. I paid with my B/card here and it was debited directly in my UK bank. But its not quite the same as what you want to do.
In your case I'm not sure wether its worth it or not though as you may find there are extra charges. Don't ask me what charges as I ain't a banker but these people aren't in the habit of doing us favours without it being (financially) interesting for them...