Information on Riberac, Dordogne

Information on Riberac, Dordogne

Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:03 am
Just Joined

helengr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Information on Riberac, Dordogne

Originally Posted by Dazzo
Hi,

We have recently moved to this area and are interested to know if anyone can give us any tips on what goes on. We have heard that Riberac has a huge ex-pats community but most of our time so far has been taken up with working on the land.

We just wanted to know of any experiences, recommendations and helpful info, as at the moment we are just at the early stage of randomly bumping into english speakers in the supermarket and sharing stories of why we are here and what we are buying!!! (So far we have only really met retired couples so would like to know of any younger aged couples and families in the area.)

I am also looking for a good local vets & kennels, and a language class where I can improve on my old school French, but am interested to hear of anything going on, recommended places to eat, days out etc...

Thanks

Zoe
Hi Zoe,
have you managed to get hold of all the info you want? the Cafe de Collons in Riberac on Friday market mornings is a good way to meet expats - it is full of them! There are lots of clubs and activities going on, see if you can get hold of a copy of the monthly Bulletin 16/24 which is full of lots of local information. There is an arts festival on in Aubeterre-sur-Dronne this weekend, which should be good fun with lots happening, and Aubeterre is not far from your village, it is certainly a place worth visiting, and there is a good Sunday morning market there where you are bound to meet lots of other brits. Hope this helps and good luck. Maybe we will meet up sometime as we live pretty close to each other.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:07 am
Just Joined

helengr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dazzo
Hi,

We have recently moved to this area and are interested to know if anyone can give us any tips on what goes on. We have heard that Riberac has a huge ex-pats community but most of our time so far has been taken up with working on the land.

We just wanted to know of any experiences, recommendations and helpful info, as at the moment we are just at the early stage of randomly bumping into english speakers in the supermarket and sharing stories of why we are here and what we are buying!!! (So far we have only really met retired couples so would like to know of any younger aged couples and families in the area.)

I am also looking for a good local vets & kennels, and a language class where I can improve on my old school French, but am interested to hear of anything going on, recommended places to eat, days out etc...

Thanks

Zoe
Zoe, I meant to add, there is a good english speaking vet in Chalais, which I use, although I think there maybe an english speaking vet in Riberac. I also take my cat to a cattery just outside Yviers, which is close to Chalais. They are very good: Pension de Virgazon tel. 0545 984422.
Old May 8th 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

yummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the roughyummymummywright is a jewel in the rough

hiya everyone I live in Riberac so if you need any questions answering please email me!!!
Old Jun 14th 2008, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Lyndy has a spectacular aura aboutLyndy has a spectacular aura aboutLyndy has a spectacular aura about

Hello,
I will be moving to Riberac at the beginning of August with 4 cats a small dog a donkey and a miniature horse, I would like to know if you could put me in touch with anyone who sells and delivers hay? also the name and number of a good vet and a recommended doctor, also a handyman for some odd jobs?
my e-mail address is <<snip>>

Last edited by Sue; Jun 14th 2008 at 1:23 pm. Reason: tel phone number and email addressed removed for privacy. Its not wise to post your tel no on a public forum.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Lyndy has a spectacular aura aboutLyndy has a spectacular aura aboutLyndy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by yummymummywright
hiya everyone I live in Riberac so if you need any questions answering please email me!!!
Hello,
I could not receive your PM because I am a new member and do not yet have 3 posts to enable me to use this feature, could you please send the information again on this regular site, I really need the information especially regarding the hay.
Thank you so much