Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Incident on Euro Tunnel

Incident on Euro Tunnel

Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:41 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Incident on Euro Tunnel

Am just watching News channel and there has been an incident apparently, involving them closing the tunnel - incident on French side they are saying. 32 evacuated.

Sounds as though no one was hurt though thank goodness.

Andy
Old Sep 11th 2008, 4:29 pm
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Incident on Euro Tunnel

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Am just watching News channel and there has been an incident apparently, involving them closing the tunnel - incident on French side they are saying. 32 evacuated.

Sounds as though no one was hurt though thank goodness.

Andy
It was a freight train incident

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...ght-train.html

---
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:47 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

They have only just got the Fire under Control, But it is not out yet. Reports indicate that it will be closed for a few days.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 1:48 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
They have only just got the Fire under Control, But it is not out yet. Reports indicate that it will be closed for a few days.
Has anyone on the Forum had first-hand experience of the delays, now that service is gradually being resumed? I'm going Eurostar next week, and would like an idea of the worst delays to expect, having connections at both ends and already worried about missing them....
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by dmu
Has anyone on the Forum had first-hand experience of the delays, now that service is gradually being resumed? I'm going Eurostar next week, and would like an idea of the worst delays to expect, having connections at both ends and already worried about missing them....
A long distance estimate is GET a FERRY. They will be blaming delays in a years time on this event. It a very restricted service as only one of the two Tunnels is open, and knowing the idiots that manage it they are probably going to give a green light to trains coming from ENGLAND when the FRENCH trains have not cleared the TUNNEL. Friday or Saturday morning muck up. Hangover that sort of thing.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:41 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
A long distance estimate is GET a FERRY. They will be blaming delays in a years time on this event. It a very restricted service as only one of the two Tunnels is open, and knowing the idiots that manage it they are probably going to give a green light to trains coming from ENGLAND when the FRENCH trains have not cleared the TUNNEL. Friday or Saturday morning muck up. Hangover that sort of thing.
I thought of taking a Ferry, but my Eurostar tickets can't be exchanged or reimbursed, as the fire won't be considered a cas de force majeure next week. I'd rather take the risk of delays than lose nearly 100 € and pay the train/ferry fares on top of that.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:50 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dmu
I thought of taking a Ferry, but my Eurostar tickets can't be exchanged or reimbursed, as the fire won't be considered a cas de force majeure next week. I'd rather take the risk of delays than lose nearly 100 € and pay the train/ferry fares on top of that.
Well lets hope all go's well,
If not you can blame the idiots.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by dmu
Nevermind, give yourself a couple of hours extra on the French side as even if you don't have the premium tickets, If you self check in the computer will move you forwards with out paying extra. I have turned up a day early on non Flex tickets and the computer just allocated us a time there and then.

Originally Posted by stanage2
Well lets hope all go's well,
If not you can blame the idiots.

If only we could.?
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
I'm sure you've already checked this
http://www.eurotunnel.com/ukcP3Main/...TravelInfo.htm
but it does look as if they might be giving refunds - might be worth phoning them to check?
Enjoy your trip, however you get there
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:58 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by val50
I'm sure you've already checked this
http://www.eurotunnel.com/ukcP3Main/...TravelInfo.htm
but it does look as if they might be giving refunds - might be worth phoning them to check?
Enjoy your trip, however you get there
thanks to you all for your comments. I live down in the Languedoc and the local SNCF didn't want to know. As I'm arriving in Paris the evening before, I'll turn up at the Gare du Nord at the crack of dawn to hassle them all...
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

Hope your journey went ok DMU. Last news I heard was that people with season tickets on the English side were getting re routed by a hovercraft which then broke down
Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

This is bloody typical. I booked the train as it was easier than all that mucking about in planes, worrying about being an ounce overwieght with the luggage, seeing a general free for all to get on board for the premium seats etc. I could take anything I liked, seat booked, just get on at Perpignan, small change at Lille and onward.
Now it's a bloody worry all the way.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:17 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
This is bloody typical. I booked the train as it was easier than all that mucking about in planes, worrying about being an ounce overwieght with the luggage, seeing a general free for all to get on board for the premium seats etc. I could take anything I liked, seat booked, just get on at Perpignan, small change at Lille and onward.
Now it's a bloody worry all the way.

To add to you" B " worry's at the end of next month there will be work at LIlle Europe so trains from South go to Lille Flandres.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

Only going for a week thankfully so will avoid that one stanage.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
Only going for a week thankfully so will avoid that one stanage.
Thats good,less worry for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.