Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

I need a job quickly

I need a job quickly

Old Jun 7th 2015, 10:14 am
Just Joined

eveningstar99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I need a job quickly

I am a Uk citizen in Strasbourg and looking for work. I need to find a job quickly as my Chinese wife is on a Schengen visa, so I have only 3 months to find work. I normally work as an English teacher but will consider anything. Anyone out there know of any jobs going please let me know at <<<snip>>>

Regards

Mark

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 7th 2015 at 12:10 pm. Reason: Email address removed
Old Jun 7th 2015, 11:03 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need a job quickly

Originally Posted by eveningstar99
I am a Uk citizen in Strasbourg and looking for work. I need to find a job quickly as my Chinese wife is on a Schengen visa, so I have only 3 months to find work. I normally work as an English teacher but will consider anything. Anyone out there know of any jobs going please let me know at

Regards

Mark
Hi, and welcome to the Forum! I notice that you have also posted in the Spain forum.
I don't know much about the Surinder Singh route, but do you mean that your wife is already here and her Schengen visa only lasts 3 months? What sort of work contract do you need to justify employment here before going to the UK to live? You could ask at the Pôle-Emploi what CDDs are available, but with so much unemployment, they'll give priority to long-standing registered jobseekers.
You could post again in the Moving Back to the UK section of BE where there's a sticky thread on the SS route.
Good luck!

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 7th 2015 at 12:11 pm. Reason: Edit to quote
Old Jun 7th 2015, 11:27 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need a job quickly

P.S. I've just noticed that they've moved your thread in the Spain forum to the "Jobs wanted" section. This may happen with this thread, too. Which means that no one on the France forum will read it, unless they're looking for an English teacher.
Your best bet is to apply to all the Language Schools in Strasbourg (as well as trying the Pôle-Emploi). Do you speak French (or Spanish)?