Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

how's the weather?

how's the weather?

Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:14 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute
Default how's the weather?

Pretty bad here and there
Old Aug 4th 2008, 1:16 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: how's the weather?

Wow! That's pretty bad Tres, I was here for the Christmas tornado of some years back, nothing on that scale though. Last night we had some winds and showers, but today it's boiling again. I wonder how Val, Novo and Flutterly fared?
Old Aug 4th 2008, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

karunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to all

It was quite shocking to see the news - especially since here, yesterday and today are very bright and sunny, blue sky, no wind, just normal hot summer days: 32oC yesterday, 30 today, must stay in the shade, or go in and out of the water.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 4:26 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by treskillard
Not good that,now the weather is a thing that man and his machines cannot control.
He just has get out and pick up the bits.

You have to feel for the people in the area.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 4:57 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

That's pretty unusual for that area - is it the Hautmont just south of Calais?

Having said that, with the way the human race seems hellbent on destroying the climate balance, I don't think anything should surprise us anymore.

We had a tornado in Teignmouth, about 5 miles from me, a number of years ago, it tore up a street and took the roof off a church. Some "act of god" that was.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

I briefly heard about it on the radio this morning, but didn't realise how devastating it had been. That's awful.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 8:57 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jazzy n Lol
I wonder how Val, Novo and Flutterly fared?
Thanks for asking Jazzy. It rained heavily for a few hours here yesterday from 3 pm until 7 or so, but nothing like that.

Val's in Canada at the moment so I expect she's either freezing or boiling hot; there's never anything moderate in Halifax.

Flutterfly will have to report in on her own, but she should be ok judging from the map on tres's link.

Bye for now.

Novo
Old Aug 5th 2008, 7:20 am
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

The weather people say the this afternoon there will be, strong storms in the following Depts.
62,32,47.& S/E 40.

To be expected after all the hot weather.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

aaargh is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be in La Rochelle from this weekend for a week. How warm is it there at the moment and does anyone know what the forecast will be next week? i find the usual yahoo, BBC, Metchecks aren't all that reliable.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 5:30 pm
Banned

Heres a weather alert for tonight 06/08/08

WWW.meteofrance.com/vigilance/index.jsp

Last edited by stanage2; Aug 6th 2008 at 6:14 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 7:51 pm
Correze, The Limousin

Chris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing much occurring yet, but it will do later, no doubt...

Chris
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris'nJulie
Nothing much occurring yet, but it will do later, no doubt...
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...0608082142.jpg

Chris

It will come,plug out your plugs and phones.when you do retire to try and sleep.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

There's a hell of a storm in Paris right now - I can feel the vibrations from the thunder under my feet as I type. They started in the early hours of the morning and have come back now (later this afternoon) just at the point I need to go out to La Poste.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by G-J-B
There's a hell of a storm in Paris right now - I can feel the vibrations from the thunder under my feet as I type. They started in the early hours of the morning and have come back now (later this afternoon) just at the point I need to go out to La Poste.
Did you get to La Poste yesterday? and was the storm a long one?
Old Aug 8th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

VWPowered will become famous soon enoughVWPowered will become famous soon enough

we had a storm the other night (was a storm in northern france killed three people 2 being the dep mairie and his wife) tis stuffy/raining a little looking abit err naff today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.