Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

HOW DO I GET RID OF MOLES ????

HOW DO I GET RID OF MOLES ????

Old May 12th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Dazzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HOW DO I GET RID OF MOLES ????

Can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of moles? They are murdering my garden everywhere. Seems to be alot of things out there, so without me having to try them all can anyone tell me the best way of getting rid once and for all?
Old May 12th 2008, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HOW DO I GET RID OF MOLES ????

Originally Posted by Dazzo
Can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of moles? They are murdering my garden everywhere. Seems to be alot of things out there, so without me having to try them all can anyone tell me the best way of getting rid once and for all?
Seems the sonic deterrents are the kindest and most effective, however, I lost mine when the river flooded, then their burrows were taken over by rats, so I suggest co-existence
Old May 12th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

cats - ours used to kill them and bring them home for us to see. Could have made a nice pair of trousers out of them, the amount we got
Old May 13th 2008, 11:11 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Shotgun get a couple more cats. Stepping out on to the porch in the morning here is quite grim, it would not bother me so much if the cats ate them. But ripping the heads off and removing the internals and spreading the bits around really does annoy me. Especially when the bit get between your toes yuk.
Old May 13th 2008, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
cats - ours used to kill them and bring them home for us to see. Could have made a nice pair of trousers out of them, the amount we got
Even better would have been two pairs of shorts.
Old May 13th 2008, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the same situation, and tried just about every known tip and remedy, all without success. Then I read about the Detaupeur. Absolute magic!! I used it six times and had a 100% success rate. Haven't seen a mole-hill in the garden since.
Do a Google search for 'Detaupeur'.
Available from most good garden centres. I won't wish you luck, as you won't need it with this device.
Old May 13th 2008, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Dazzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that guys, think i will go with tweeds option, as the cat thing would be a no go (think my dogs would eat the cats). Not a big cat lover anyway! Will let you know how we get on, many thanks...