House prices

Old Feb 9th 2011, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

racaille is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House prices

I wish people would stop saying how cheap property is in France. It depends where you want to live.

After a decade down here we want to stay in the area but could do with a smaller house. Good grief - the prices!! British property seems a snip in comparison!
Old Feb 9th 2011, 4:27 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House prices

Originally Posted by racaille
I wish people would stop saying how cheap property is in France. It depends where you want to live.

After a decade down here we want to stay in the area but could do with a smaller house. Good grief - the prices!! British property seems a snip in comparison!
Sounds like it won't be a problem, you should get an equally good price for yours
Old Feb 9th 2011, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

I do have to agree with you; here in the region around Toulouse prices are at least as high as the equivalent in the uk; to get cheap you have to go deep into the Gers.

It seems that although prices have fallen back here in France; the drop has been significantly greater in the uk on the whole;
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:52 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
I do have to agree with you; here in the region around Toulouse prices are at least as high as the equivalent in the uk; to get cheap you have to go deep into the Gers.

It seems that although prices have fallen back here in France; the drop has been significantly greater in the uk on the whole;

As you know newer house sell quicker here, The slow down as been greater on the older properties. Slightly less foreign money coming in that being said things always pick up more in the summer, I find this area is really driven by the seasons.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

racaille is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Sounds like it won't be a problem, you should get an equally good price for yours
Well, I was hoping to release some equity but not so many people want a big house any more and the smaller properties are disproportionately expensive - and I am not talking nice old stone piles, either! They have long gone in terms of my budget!
Old Feb 12th 2011, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Ronisi is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting article here on French property

http://www.property-abroad.com/franc...hink-19317002/