hi all

Old Feb 1st 2014, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

emrys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi all

just wondering if anyone can tell me roughly how much i need to put aside for all searches and surveys etc when buying a property in france and also how much is council tax on a property costing 50000 euros
i know this is very much a how long is a piece of string question but im only looking for a rough estimate
thanks
emrys
Old Feb 1st 2014, 6:11 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi all

Originally Posted by emrys
just wondering if anyone can tell me roughly how much i need to put aside for all searches and surveys etc when buying a property in france and also how much is council tax on a property costing 50000 euros
i know this is very much a how long is a piece of string question but im only looking for a rough estimate
thanks
emrys
There are two household taxes taxes foncieres and tax d'habitation these vary per area and the square meterage of the house bedrooms bathrooms and land ask about the prices when very or showing an intreats in a house. The agent should have taken copies of these.

HERE is a calculator for notaries fees....

and typically the agents fees are already in the shop window unless stated...

And welcome the the Forum
Old Feb 1st 2014, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
emrys
For the costs of buying you can get a very precise estimate from
http://www.calcul-frais-de-notaire.fr/
For the property taxes it is is impossible to answer because the basis of the calculation varies enormously from one commune to the next. A property in one commune might have taxes of a few hundred, an identical property a few km down the road in the next commune might have taxes of a few thousand. You need to find out what the taxes are for each individual property.

Hope this helps.

PS sorry posts crossed
Old Feb 1st 2014, 6:26 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
For the costs of buying you can get a very precise estimate from
http://www.calcul-frais-de-notaire.fr/
For the property taxes it is is impossible to answer because the basis of the calculation varies enormously from one commune to the next. A property in one commune might have taxes of a few hundred, an identical property a few km down the road in the next commune might have taxes of a few thousand. You need to find out what the taxes are for each individual property.

Hope this helps.

PS sorry posts crossed
Not to mention unlike the UK here it is typically cheaper to live in the countryside.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Lurcher21 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
emrys
Hi, You will need to add around 8% on to the property price for the Notaire's fees and the purchase taxes. It's the seller who pays for the surveys. Be careful to find out whether the estate agency fees are included in the purchase price, or are extra. It's the buyer who pays those. You will pay two property taxes Taxe Foncier is the property owners tax and Taxe d'habitation is the occupier's tax. These are yearly taxes. Impossible to say what the amounts might be, they vary considerably and go more on size and location of the property, rather than value.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Might also be worth pointing out that it isn't the norm to have structural surveys done in France as you would in the UK. The prices we've all mentioned are just the legal fees for searches, land registry, conveyancing and so on. If you wanted to have some kind of homebuyers survey done on top, this would be extra and probably quite expensive as it isn't part of the package like it is in the UK.
Old Feb 2nd 2014, 10:06 am
Just Joined

emrys is an unknown quantity at this point

thankyou youve all been very helpful x