Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Help with EDF Bill

Help with EDF Bill

Old Mar 1st 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light
Post Help with EDF Bill

On our EDF facture we are billed for Heures Creuses (HC) and Heures Pleines (HP). I understand that HC is the cheap overnight tariff and that HP is the standard daytime tariff, but can anyone tell me what times these rates kick in?
Old Mar 1st 2009, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light
Lightbulb Re: Help with EDF Bill

Ooooooops! Replying to my own thread here. How sad is that? Just noticed something on my bill. I think it means the cheap rate (HC) is from 01:30 - 08:00, and 12:30 - 14:00. Could someone just confirm I'm understanding that correctly. Now let's think of another conversation I can have with myself......
Old Mar 1st 2009, 6:17 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with EDF Bill

Sounds about right! Remember that your chauff-eau will kick in at this time too, if you have it set to do so. Problem then is that if you start putting high-load electrical items like dishwashers and washing machines on timers to coincide with the cheap leccy, you stand a chance of tripping your supply out. All dependant of course on whether or not you have tri-phasé, and what supply (in terms of kW) you have.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Help with EDF Bill

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Sounds about right! Remember that your chauff-eau will kick in at this time too, if you have it set to do so. Problem then is that if you start putting high-load electrical items like dishwashers and washing machines on timers to coincide with the cheap leccy, you stand a chance of tripping your supply out. All dependant of course on whether or not you have tri-phasé, and what supply (in terms of kW) you have.
Thanks Stu. Have no clue about tri-phase or Kw supply, but nothing trips out when all the major appliances kick in as we catch up on our beauty sleep.