Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Hellooo? Anyone there?

Hellooo? Anyone there?

Old Oct 24th 2006, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

treaclepuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hellooo? Anyone there?

After the wind and heavy rain of yesterday, I was wondering if we could get together a snapshot of France's regions after the Storm. Did you get any flooding, trees or cables down in your area? Were any of the cross channel ferries cancelled?

I'll start - we're OK here in South Morbihan but it sure was scary in the night. I consoled myself with the thought that, should a problem occur, the (gorgeous hunky Calendar Boys) Pompiers would arrive to rescue us.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 7:19 am
Just Joined

mitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nice
Default Re: Hellooo? Anyone there?

Originally Posted by treaclepuss
After the wind and heavy rain of yesterday, I was wondering if we could get together a snapshot of France's regions after the Storm. Did you get any flooding, trees or cables down in your area? Were any of the cross channel ferries cancelled?

I'll start - we're OK here in South Morbihan but it sure was scary in the night. I consoled myself with the thought that, should a problem occur, the (gorgeous hunky Calendar Boys) Pompiers would arrive to rescue us.

I don't think we had the same storm here in the Charente Maritime, but a week or so before we had plenty of major tree branches down, fortunately not the trees themselves as we have many. One just missed our shed and another the swimming pool. We've had plenty of work clearing up since then. However yesterday was a glorious day reaching 26 degrees!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

treaclepuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hellooo? Anyone there?

The weather settled very quickly, thank goodness, and we too have had hot weather for the past week. Lots of gardening done!