Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Hello. Can someone tell me if I can find the address of a house for sale?

Hello. Can someone tell me if I can find the address of a house for sale?

Old May 14th 2022, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Oakwood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello. Can someone tell me if I can find the address of a house for sale?

So far the agency has not responded. Also, if you know a good agent in the Normandy area, please let me know. I need to know if they will give me any documents, like a plat or any inspections without submitting an offer or signing a contract. My understanding is that they are supposed to, but under what circumstances?

Last edited by Oakwood; May 14th 2022 at 5:03 pm.
Old May 14th 2022, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello. Can someone tell me if I can find the address of a house for sale?

You will not be told the addresses of any houses by any agents in France.As the buyer pays the agent fees you will need to sign a contract with an agent and they will take you there
Old May 14th 2022, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Hello. Can someone tell me if I can find the address of a house for sale?

Thanks for the reply. I see that it is negotiable. I am currently abroad, so I'm trying to do this remotely.

Last edited by Oakwood; May 14th 2022 at 4:48 pm.
Old May 15th 2022, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

baroudeur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oakwood
Thanks for the reply. I see that it is negotiable. I am currently abroad, so I'm trying to do this remotely.

Sometimes a little detective work with whatever details you do have and Google Street View will get a result. I managed to locate three out of five properties last year.
Old May 15th 2022, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. I spent an hour yesterday going up and down streets they had on this map area that is attached to the listing, but no luck. I may try again tonight. I asked the agent for the title deed and inspection documents, but nothing so far. I really want this house, I think. Not sure how pushy I should be. The listing is around St Lo, very vague. I wish there was someone I could hire to look at the property for me and take a lot of photos.
Old May 16th 2022, 8:40 am
Just Joined

baroudeur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oakwood
Thanks. I spent an hour yesterday going up and down streets they had on this map area that is attached to the listing, but no luck. I may try again tonight. I asked the agent for the title deed and inspection documents, but nothing so far. I really want this house, I think. Not sure how pushy I should be. The listing is around St Lo, very vague. I wish there was someone I could hire to look at the property for me and take a lot of photos.
I've sent you a PM
Old May 16th 2022, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Mystery solved. Interesting house right behind a graveyard that is not picturesque. The front of the house faces this parking lot crypt. I'll keep looking.