Heatwave

Old Jul 4th 2009, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Heatwave

For those of you with swimming pools, air conditioning, cool mountain tops and other such luxuries, spare a thought for us poor city dwelling folk choking on pollution and melting in our apartments with nowhere to retreat but busy streets, and sweaty metros.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 7:33 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heatwave

Originally Posted by G-J-B
For those of you with swimming pools, air conditioning, cool mountain tops and other such luxuries, spare a thought for us poor city dwelling folk choking on pollution and melting in our apartments with nowhere to retreat but busy streets, and sweaty metros.
Although we haven't got all those luxuries, a thought is duly being spared for you
If it's any consolation, I was working in Paris during the heat-wave of 1976 (and lived to tell the tale).
Hope future Maman and Junior aren't suffering....
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of

sorry,GJB no luxuries for me either....i feel better than last year though must be climatising better now , down to 3 bottles of water a day at work..
also fill a bottle and freeze,melts slowly,cooldrink!!
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:00 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks that reminded me to check the chlorine levels,Next week is our bad one when all the over cooked cityfolk come here to watch the Tour. Im still debating how I get myself noticed on telly
Old Jul 5th 2009, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

We've been buying the water spray in a bottle, and I've been freezing a damp cloth in the freezer to cool down future mum to be. We've become bof and have been living in underwear only these past 4 or 5 days. When I'm drinking a beer in my boxers I think I can match any les bofs for style (coupled with not having a haircut in many months, and not shaving for at least a month)!

Nibbler - nice to know I'm not suffering alone!

Ka Ora - go on, pour salt on the wounds.
The Tour de France passes by the road next to mine at some point. Missed it last year.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

I've got none of those luxuries in my van either, the air con only chucks out heat (think Renault bought it off an old British Rail train), and opening the windows only blows in hot air.

There again, there is always the beach adn cool off in the sea when I get home That said, the clouds have normally gathered by the time I get home
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:38 pm
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
I've got none of those luxuries in my van either, the air con only chucks out heat (think Renault bought it off an old British Rail train), and opening the windows only blows in hot air.

There again, there is always the beach adn cool off in the sea when I get home That said, the clouds have normally gathered by the time I get home
Maybe the air con needs recharging or whatever they do ??
Old Jul 21st 2009, 8:47 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey Gav, heatwave? You should try Brittany m8, we have gale force winds, overflowing water butts and a soggy veg patch in which only 1 pea from 200 seeds has come up, and I actually lit the woodburner last night.

Pete's not impressed ............
Old Jul 21st 2009, 11:18 am
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Blimey Gav, heatwave? You should try Brittany m8, we have gale force winds, overflowing water butts and a soggy veg patch in which only 1 pea from 200 seeds has come up, and I actually lit the woodburner last night.

You'll have to think of a way to generate some heat and keep warm.....
Old Jul 21st 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ewood
You'll have to think of a way to generate some heat and keep warm.....
Only one ends creates fire, good luck Pete
Old Jul 21st 2009, 2:05 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It is a-raining not in Isigny.

<for a change>
Old Jul 21st 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light

It's 28c and humid in Sarthe. Would love a bit of your rain for the veggies. Save on the water bill.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
It is a-raining not in Isigny.

<for a change>

you know why that is don't you
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

If the Pharmacy thermometer is to be believed it hit 35C yesterday in Paris. Fortunately it's much cooler in the apartment, but when you start getting back to back hot days, the hot air collects and it's very uncomfortable. Hope it improves as it may only be a couple of days before the puking, screaming, poo producing machine arrives on the scene.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of

42° in my trucks thermometer plus a wildfire near my depot stuck behind roadblock for 2 hours.
quite alarmed at fire distruction scene on tv never up close trees,houses,crops distroyed everything burnt.......very sad indeed....