Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

health service in france

health service in france

Old May 22nd 2005, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future
Default health service in france

ok an example

its shocked me and impressd at the same time!

My doctor requested a full set of blood tests.

i visit a nurse and give only name, dob and address........ she takes enough blood to transfuse half the village

I vist my doctor the next morning to get my prescription, she says i should get results in a few days!

i am imagining UK speed of 2-3weeks (or like the last time they lost them anyway in the UK)

same morning LESS that 24hrs I go to my pharmacy and the lady says "we have a letter for you" :scared:

my results!!!!!!!!! and i never told anyone who i use as a pharmacy. Now that is really fast AND the UK gets to pick the 180€ bill up :=)

1 how the hell did they know my pharmacy?
2 what an odd way to give results, i got them here to read myself
3 one of the tests was hiv 1&2 they where negative thank god! but had they not been ...... nice to be sitting in the car all alone to get that bombshell????

none the less i am very impressed with speed. My doctor (polish) is great keeps trying to get me jobs as an english teacher LOL Deal now is I go to a class to get my french up to speed I can teach her english ......

anyone asked my english spelling is up to it? perhaps not but? i learn all can understand yet none have the confidence to speak english. Expect parts of burgundy to have a north london accent i think?