Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Health Insurance / Mutuelle

Health Insurance / Mutuelle

Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

nickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant future
Default Health Insurance / Mutuelle

We have recently taken early retirement and moved to France. We have signed up with CPAM / local doctor but need advice on a good value for money French health insurance / mutuelle. We've had a quote from AG Conseil for approx Euros 113 per month for us both and another quote from Axa which we couldn't understand!! Anyone out there able to recommend a good deal for a fairly healthy couple in their late 50s ?
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Insurance / Mutuelle

Originally Posted by nickcarol
We have recently taken early retirement and moved to France. We have signed up with CPAM / local doctor but need advice on a good value for money French health insurance / mutuelle. We've had a quote from AG Conseil for approx Euros 113 per month for us both and another quote from Axa which we couldn't understand!! Anyone out there able to recommend a good deal for a fairly healthy couple in their late 50s ?
I was beginning to think you was spamming the forum with the book mentioned in the other posts today ;-)
Old Feb 17th 2007, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

nickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant futurenickcarol has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jdr
I was beginning to think you was spamming the forum with the book mentioned in the other posts today ;-)
Luckily I came across the book in the early stages of my house hunting in France and I've found it very useful - as well as the ex-pat web-sites that offer personal experience/advice which is also invaluable to a beginner like me. Hopefully I'm now in a position to help others with their search for "the good life".
Old Feb 19th 2007, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

maggieandpete is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband and I have been in living permanently in France for the last 18months and during this time my husband has been hospitalised twice, once for a week and the second time for 4 weeks. He is due back in hospital next week for another operation. I have also sufferred a series of ill-health problems since taking early retirement, but without the 'Top Up' Insurance we would have had costly bills to pay. We are now approaching 60 and have been registered with the CPAM since we arrive and took out our mutuelle insurance with the "Mutelle de Vendee." Our costs per month are very similar to your quotes, and I think there is very little difference within the various insurance companies as English people we know are paying a very similar amount to ours. There is of course the problems with translating the documents, but we've found our insurance company very helpful, and all our 'top up'charges have been automatically reimbursed via our bank account.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Margaret Gray.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maggieandpete
My husband and I have been in living permanently in France for the last 18months and during this time my husband has been hospitalised twice, once for a week and the second time for 4 weeks. He is due back in hospital next week for another operation. I have also sufferred a series of ill-health problems since taking early retirement, but without the 'Top Up' Insurance we would have had costly bills to pay. We are now approaching 60 and have been registered with the CPAM since we arrive and took out our mutuelle insurance with the "Mutelle de Vendee." Our costs per month are very similar to your quotes, and I think there is very little difference within the various insurance companies as English people we know are paying a very similar amount to ours. There is of course the problems with translating the documents, but we've found our insurance company very helpful, and all our 'top up'charges have been automatically reimbursed via our bank account.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Margaret Gray.
Thanks for that - I've since been given a quote for a top-up with Exclusive Healthcare which gives same cover as others but for 80 Euros and its an English run mutuelle in France with English paperwork which should help us in our early days of Franglais
Old Feb 19th 2007, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

That's good that you've found a company that deals in English and the price is very interesting too. Could you let me have the details of the Exclusive Healthcare Insurance company. I will then be able to contact them and see what they can do for us.

Many thanks.

Maggie Gray
Old Feb 19th 2007, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

lebones is on a distinguished road

Hi All.
My OH and i have been with Swiss Life for the past couple of years and it costs 84 Euros a month for both of us and we are both in our early sixties,which i find quite reasonable.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

alexxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nickcarol
hey, i am with the GRM, www.mutuellegrm.fr , check them out....fantastic top up cover, fantastic dental and optic extras, we're a couple of 40 year-olds, and i pay 107 euros for us both together, and that's including private room cover, unlimited in price, and depassement d'honoraires cover 4 times what the securite sociale reimburses ....it's called the 400% du BR....they're a not-for-profit mutuelle.......the most expensive and private healthcare in France is covered, should i need it, and a doctors visit is FULLY covered up to 100 euros....check them out...
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alexxx
hey, i am with the GRM, www.mutuellegrm.fr , check them out....fantastic top up cover, fantastic dental and optic extras, we're a couple of 40 year-olds, and i pay 107 euros for us both together, and that's including private room cover, unlimited in price, and depassement d'honoraires cover 4 times what the securite sociale reimburses ....it's called the 400% du BR....they're a not-for-profit mutuelle.......the most expensive and private healthcare in France is covered, should i need it, and a doctors visit is FULLY covered up to 100 euros....check them out...
Are the documents written in English or in French? My insurance with Mutuelle Vendée is written in French and is very difficult to transcribe even with help from our French friends.

MaggieandPete
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lebones
Hi All.
My OH and i have been with Swiss Life for the past couple of years and it costs 84 Euros a month for both of us and we are both in our early sixties,which i find quite reasonable.
Is the policy written in English, if so can you gie me a contact number, or e-mail address for this company? Many thanks.
MaggieandPete
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lebones
Hi All.
Could you please give me the contact number or e-mail address for this company? Many thanks.