Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Hallo out there.......

Hallo out there.......

Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:40 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Hallo out there.......

Hi anyone out there,.I thought I would open a thread,for you to just drop into to have a chat,.Or maybe swap ideas.Or if your going through a bad time or good time ,need a shoulder ect....This may go down the pan, but at least I tried.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There seems quite a few new people about so to say hallo to you also.

Last edited by dreamcatcher; Jul 24th 2007 at 8:23 pm. Reason: rearranging my words
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hallo out there.......

Well .... what can I tell you
I'm surrounded by people talking rubbish in the Spanish section
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

artemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
Hi anyone out there,.I thought I would open a thread,for you to just drop into to have a chat,.Or maybe swap ideas.Or if your going through a bad time or good time ,need a shoulder ect....This may go down the pan, but at least I tried.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi dreamcatcher, I'm new and this is such a good site for information on France. I'm just counting down the days until my visit to Fabrezan. Apparently I heard that the flooding we have been experiencing is due to the jet stream taking a new route through the middle of England although we are nice and dry in Greater London. We did have a nice sunny day today though! Bon nuit.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well .... what can I tell you
I'm surrounded by people talking rubbish in the Spanish section

good morning,got caught up in a painting last night and didnt get back to the computor,.at least they were talking Sometime feel on my own over hereLove France
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by artemis
Hi dreamcatcher, I'm new and this is such a good site for information on France. I'm just counting down the days until my visit to Fabrezan. Apparently I heard that the flooding we have been experiencing is due to the jet stream taking a new route through the middle of England although we are nice and dry in Greater London. We did have a nice sunny day today though! Bon nuit.
Bon jour Artemis,Ca Va,Pleased to meet you and yours.:This forum is full of infomation and useful tips,and also having a quick chat.When are you comming over,.What part of london are you.My OH works in uk ,he said they had a sunny day yesterday hope it stays that way,its really bizzare at mo.Here to Seems the rain is one day on one day off.Bon journee
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

artemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to all

Hi dreamcatcher, we live on the outskirts of Bromley. We are coming over at the beginning of August and really looking forward to it. Where are you in France. Is the weather better than it is here? It seems to have been cloudy and raining for quite a while which is interspersed with warm sunny/cloudy days. Indeed I was driving back from West Wickham last Friday and the water was gushing up from the road drains because it could not cope. However is very good for our largish garden which needed a good water We are driving down to Fabrezan the whole way and I think my OH is a little worried because it is so far, but you only live once We are splitting the journey over two days. Where r u in France? Is it rural or are u in a town? Do you like living there?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:10 am

Hi dreamcatcher, we live on the outskirts of Bromley. We are coming over at the beginning of August and really looking forward to it. Where are you in France. Is the weather better than it is here? It seems to have been cloudy and raining for quite a while which is interspersed with warm sunny/cloudy days. Indeed I was driving back from West Wickham last Friday and the water was gushing up from the road drains because it could not cope. However is very good for our largish garden which needed a good water We are driving down to Fabrezan the whole way and I think my OH is a little worried because it is so far, but you only live once We are splitting the journey over two days. Where r u in France? Is it rural or are u in a town? Do you like living there?
Hi there Artemis,At the moment the weather is really wierd, one day rain one day sun ,but it does not matter cause its so lovely here.We are in the Charante.I have not got a map so I do not know where you are going,were is fabrezan? Are you comming for a recci, or have you already got a place.
We live in a little village but its only 4k from a town,do we like,no we love it.Its not easy as my OH has to work in uk while we buying the house but we agreed "whatever it takes"to stay here.The people are great too. im working getting my work together, trying to take a bit off my oh shoulders,its not plain sailing ,but if you want something bad enough and are prepared to work together,do your homework, its a wonderful place to be.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: Hallo out there.......

Hi Dreamcatcher, good grief yr weather sounds like ours! Great to hear that you love living in France. We are coming for a holiday and to look around and Fabrezan is near Lezignan-Corbieres and also not too far from Carcassonne. It is about 30 mins from the med. To buy a property we feel that we could get a bigger garden in the Aquitaine region of France (having looked on the net at properties for sale). I read a great post from someone who lives near Thiviers ... was really interesting to hear what her life was like. Where is the Charante; it is a region rather than a place isn't it? As u may guess I am not very up on where all the regions are etc. France is huge and I was trying to find your region on our map, but could not find it I think I need to look at one of our other larger maps. I'll be honest and say that the weather attracts me to France and also being able (hopefully) to be nearer the coast as we are miles from the coast here and it is not that great in terms of interest and cleanliness How long have u lived where u are?

Last edited by artemis; Jul 25th 2007 at 7:09 pm. Reason: to make sense!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:25 pm

Hi Dreamcatcher, good grief yr weather sounds like ours! Great to hear that you love living in France. We are coming for a holiday and to look around and Fabrezan is near Lezignan-Corbieres and also not too far from Carcassonne. It is about 30 mins from the med. To buy a property we feel that we could get a bigger garden in the Aquitaine region of France (having looked on the net at properties for sale). I read a great post from someone who lives near Thiviers ... was really interesting to hear what her life was like. Where is the Charante; it is a region rather than a place isn't it? As u may guess I am not very up on where all the regions are etc. France is huge and I was trying to find your region on our map, but could not find it I think I need to look at one of our other larger maps. I'll be honest and say that the weather attracts me to France and also being able (hopefully) to be nearer the coast as we are miles from the coast here and it is not that great in terms of interest and cleanliness How long have u lived where u are?

I am not up on everywhere in France either,even though I live hereit is so large but I have been to Carasonne, it was lovely, its hard to choose because this place is so lovely.Have you thought of renting first till you get the feel of were you want to settle.We are inbetween angoleme and poitiers
faboulous place but near the sea.Its good you are comming on holiday, have a good look round first, you will be spoilt for choice so do not jump to quick to fast, take your time and enjoy the journey.We have been here for a year,first place in my life that I have felt like home.When I first got here I burst into tears,felt like I had been here before.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: Hallo out there.......

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
Hi, I've just joined the site as we recently moved to France and am now starting to get withdrawal symptoms with not having anyone to have a good rant and gossip with and my young daughter is feeling the strain of having noone to play with
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by paulajayne
Hi, I've just joined the site as we recently moved to France and am now starting to get withdrawal symptoms with not having anyone to have a good rant and gossip with and my young daughter is feeling the strain of having noone to play with
Hallo paulajayne, welcome ,how olds your daughter?What part are you from, Iam not very good with were places are ,so give me a big town,else I will not know were you areWell we can have a natter on here,.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Hallo out there.......

My daughter is 3 we live in chatillon sur cher - this is close to Selles sur cher (41) the nearest big city is blois which is 35 km away. It really is so beautiful here and of course it is the wine makers region of france (loire vally) so got lots of excuses for opening up the wine (lol)
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:02 pm

My daughter is 3 we live in chatillon sur cher - this is close to Selles sur cher (41) the nearest big city is blois which is 35 km away. It really is so beautiful here and of course it is the wine makers region of france (loire vally) so got lots of excuses for opening up the wine (lol)
Gotta laugh, my OH and myself usually horrify people because we put lemonade in the wine, but a couple people tryed it and they do to and they are French, we may get deported for diluting the wine
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

No no how can you water down the wine
Where abouts are you based then?
Gosh ur reply was pretty speedy - seems like your as sad as me with nothing better to do than talk to strange people on hte internet
So what kind of artist are you (no sarccy comments please) what does ur oh do?

P
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:16 pm

No no how can you water down the wine
Where abouts are you based then?
Gosh ur reply was pretty speedy - seems like your as sad as me with nothing better to do than talk to strange people on hte internet
So what kind of artist are you (no sarccy comments please) what does ur oh do?

P

Laid myself open there oops,I use Pastels ,specilise in Native American Porttraits,but do all sorts,of other subjects to.My picture thingy under my name is one of my paintings.My OH works in uk to keep us afloat, and so when Im not painting its nice to come on here, there are some great people on here.and lots of information.When my OH is home I just pop on a little while.He thinks its great because he gets worried for me being tout seul,its nice to just jump on here,have a natter.My OH is a roofer,whats yours.Oh my god look at my spelling, I am leaving it on because its so bad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.