Grrrrr Orange

Old Nov 18th 2013, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Grrrrr Orange

We are utterly fed-up and frustrated by these people.

The service is just so variable - sometimes we have it,sometimes we don't.

If one tries to ring faults all you get is a recorded message, if you try to contact by e-mail all you get is an automatic reply saying they are very busy, our engineers are trying etc etc.

Our line and live box have actually been working quite well but a friend in the next hameau has had nothing since last Wednesday, We have spent hours trying to help them sort it. He actually drove all the way to Avignon (2 hours round trip) with his live box only to be told that it was working and he had to go home and report the fault, they couldn't do that...but they don't speak French.

There is absolutely no way we, they or anyone else, icluding French neighbours, can actually get to speak to a human being.

Does anyone know of a number to get to speak to such a being? They are frantic because she is rather ill and needs to be in contact with her oncologist - like us there is no mobile signal in their hameau.

Really want to help them but at a total loss at the moment.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 8:05 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grrrrr Orange

Originally Posted by grannybunz

If one tries to ring faults all you get is a recorded message, if you try to contact by e-mail all you get is an automatic reply saying they are very busy, our engineers are trying etc etc.

Our line and live box have actually been working quite well but a friend in the next hameau has had nothing since last Wednesday, We have spent hours trying to help them sort it. He actually drove all the way to Avignon (2 hours round trip) with his live box only to be told that it was working and he had to go home and report the fault, they couldn't do that...but they don't speak French.

There is absolutely no way we, they or anyone else, icluding French neighbours, can actually get to speak to a human being.

Does anyone know of a number to get to speak to such a being? They are frantic because she is rather ill and needs to be in contact with her oncologist - like us there is no mobile signal in their hameau.

You can report it online then a numpty will phone you back, whatever the outcome of the test is they will threaten to charge you if no fault is found.

Webpage HERE
Old Nov 18th 2013, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

I have uses 1013.fr on at least three occasions but never been phoned back nor been threatened with charges even when they emailed back to say that they had found no problem.

AFAIK that only happens if you actually call an engineer out and he finds no fault.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 10:20 am
BE Currency Transfer Vendor

Ian_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to all

There is absolutely no way we, they or anyone else, icluding French neighbors, can actually get to speak to a human being.

Hi Grannybunz,

I had a couple of past clients tell me pretty much the same situation your friend is in and after waiting over 3 weeks for someone to call back along with a number of follow up calls and e-mails they decided to ring up and cancel there contract. When Orange asked why they wanted to cancel they said you (Orange) have not being fulfilling the contract we signed for your services and we will be using someone who can. After assurances from a manager that it would be resolved soon they decided to give it a couple more days and as if by magic their issue was resolved.

I would use the above situation as a last resort and be prepared to change if you do decide to try it.

All the best

Ian
Old Nov 19th 2013, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

Still trying without success.

Our and friends' biggest problem is that only Orange are able to supply a "service" here. We have looked into all sorts of other possibilities, some seemed promising but when they either arrived to look or tested the possibilities they all said "Not possible"

This morning I tried the trick I use with other automated services to actually reach a human ie just hang on through all the options then a human eventually replies. All I got was a message telling me that they had too many calls to answer and ring back later.

My husband went into Orange in town this morning (closed Mondays and Saturdays) and after standing in a queue for nearly 30 minutes was told that sorting out faults was not their problem. Our friend (not us) had to report it himself from home.

When asked how, as no-one replies and obviously he can't use any means so to do. The response was a massive shrug and a muttered "Desolé" I think that must be the least honest word in the world!

Further suggestions still very welcome.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is an English speaking helpline.. it might take me a while to get the number though..
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:50 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
I think there is an English speaking helpline.. it might take me a while to get the number though..
01 55 78 60 56 or 09.69.36.39.00
Old Nov 19th 2013, 6:05 pm
BE Currency Transfer Vendor

Ian_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to allIan_Daly is a name known to all

Still trying without success.

Our and friends' biggest problem is that only Orange are able to supply a "service" here. We have looked into all sorts of other possibilities, some seemed promising but when they either arrived to look or tested the possibilities they all said "Not possible"

This morning I tried the trick I use with other automated services to actually reach a human ie just hang on through all the options then a human eventually replies. All I got was a message telling me that they had too many calls to answer and ring back later.

My husband went into Orange in town this morning (closed Mondays and Saturdays) and after standing in a queue for nearly 30 minutes was told that sorting out faults was not their problem. Our friend (not us) had to report it himself from home.

When asked how, as no-one replies and obviously he can't use any means so to do. The response was a massive shrug and a muttered "Desolé" I think that must be the least honest word in the world!

Further suggestions still very welcome.
Hi Grannybunz,

If the numbers don't rectify your problem then I believe I may have one more roll of the dice for you to try. I have a friend who used it in the UK and it worked great and I have just checked online and they are available throughout Europe.

What you will need is a piece of tech called a Signal Booster. What is does is improve signals in rural areas for text messaging, 3G, broadband as well as other cellular functions. They attach a receiver to your house which helps pull in the signal and transmit it throughout your house.

Unfortunately that is all I can tell you about it but I have being told they work very well in rural areas.

I hope this helps

Good luck

Ian
Old Nov 19th 2013, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

We don't need an English helpline, but thank you anyway. Husband is bi-lingual and I am very OK.

We do have a signal booster - it works sometimes and has absoluetly no difference at others - ie always cr@p.

Have tried all day but poor friends are getting more and more frantic. When we had this same problem a few years ago the Marie stepped in - but is was the whole hameau. It was resolved in 24 hours. The commune of our freids is different and because they are the only ones off (or so it seems) their Marie is just not interested.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update:

Finally got through to a human being at Orange, who blithely informed husband that there were huge problems in that particular area and it could well be as late as Dec 1st before it is fixed.

When asked to explain why none of the near neighbours were experiencing problems there was a long silence, then "How do you know?" Husband told them that he and our friend had knocked on 7 doors that very day and no-one else was affected.

Another long pause and he asked if Orange didn't think it would be a good idea to send an engineer round? Usual reply - it could cost them a lot. Husband replied so if it really is Orange who is at fault he assumes they would be compensating friend accordingly.

Another long pause.

An engineer is going out tomorrow and if he encounters problems he will ring us on our mobile to translate - we have to be out tomorrow.

In the meanwhile a neighbour has offered to let them use his live-box and land line should the need arise.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 3:46 pm
jvc
BE Enthusiast

jvc is an unknown quantity at this point

Grrrr Orange indeed. Useless is not the word! Incompetant for sure! Still waiting for them to call back to put us on a new package after they messed up our move big time!
Old Nov 26th 2013, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grr indeed.

Orange bloke turned up a day late, fortunately we were in and could get over there, thanks to a call from a neighbour's phone. He did absolutely nothing and said it was a real problem!!!! Well tell us about that. He simply didn't have the faintest clue what was wrong.

He was convinced it was inside the house and made friends sign a paper to say that they would be responsible for repairs. When through the house testing, testing, testing - found nothing wrong.

We suggested that perhaps Orange was at fault - heaven forfend!

M said he wasn't capable of diagnosing the problem and left.

Watch this space again
Old Nov 26th 2013, 6:50 pm
Quien no sabe

Grr indeed.

Orange bloke turned up a day late, fortunately we were in and could get over there, thanks to a call from a neighbour's phone. He did absolutely nothing and said it was a real problem!!!! Well tell us about that. He simply didn't have the faintest clue what was wrong.

He was convinced it was inside the house and made friends sign a paper to say that they would be responsible for repairs. When through the house testing, testing, testing - found nothing wrong.

We suggested that perhaps Orange was at fault - heaven forfend!

M said he wasn't capable of diagnosing the problem and left.

Watch this space again
Don't sign anything when they visit as that bit of paper leads to a large charge on the next bill and like BT engineers Orange staff have targets to meet.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 6:06 am
jvc
BE Enthusiast

jvc is an unknown quantity at this point

When we moved they said they couldn't find our new number, so had to send out an engineer. We then managed to find an older number from the previous owner, and they cancelled the appointment. We gave them 2 weeks notice but apparantely this was not long enough notice. They assured us the day before that they had cancelled the RDV, and we wouldn't get charged. i was not convinced and sure enough came back from shopping the next day and my husband was speaking to an Orange engineer in the house. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Nov 27th 2013, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
Don't sign anything when they visit as that bit of paper leads to a large charge on the next bill and like BT engineers Orange staff have targets to meet.
Before the engineer left my husband insisted that he noted on the paper that the internal instalations were not faulty and got our friend to countersign.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.