Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Good intensive French language course

Good intensive French language course

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

parkh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good intensive French language course

I am hoping to come and live in France from September with my children. I speak French but I am looking for a good intensive French course for my children --ideally in France, open to locations--either at Easter, or more likely in the summer.

I was wondering whether anyone has any recommendations? Dont want it to be hard/dull and put the kids off the whole thing. Dont know whether there are any particularly child friendly courses. Not sure also about possibility of doing ongoing French classes from now in the UK. That I fear might put them off...but might be most effective.

Thanks a million

FB
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Good intensive French language course

I started doing the Michel Thomas course after recommendation and it is very useful and very good.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

We tried to teach our kids before we moved but they were scared and resistant; in the end we found the best way forward was to have lessons for support once we arrived and to have me trying to support the rest of the time in my average french. 18months on and the kids correct me!
Old Mar 9th 2009, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by parkh
I am hoping to come and live in France from September with my children. I speak French but I am looking for a good intensive French course for my children --ideally in France, open to locations--either at Easter, or more likely in the summer.

I was wondering whether anyone has any recommendations? Dont want it to be hard/dull and put the kids off the whole thing. Dont know whether there are any particularly child friendly courses. Not sure also about possibility of doing ongoing French classes from now in the UK. That I fear might put them off...but might be most effective.

Thanks a million

FB
Hi,

We came to France with our 3 children, they were aged 8, 9 and 13 yrs.
They started school not being able to speak any French and were fluent within 6 months.

So if you don't manage to find a suitable course then don't worry because they will pick it up.

Good luck
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

richardinfrance is an unknown quantity at this point

I went on a really good intensive language course in London. They teach you a hell of a lot of the language over just a weekend. The best thing about it though was that even the absolute beginners could more or less make up their own sentences by the end and had learnt a lot of words. For me personally, it really sewed my existing, but very limited, French together. I can more or less hold a conversation now. It was cheap too. Just under £100.

The course was at a school called The Paul Noble Language Institute, which I expect you'll find if you google it. Good luck