Reload this Page >

Get A New Life In Sw France

Get A New Life In Sw France

Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:02 pm
TW1
Just Joined

TW1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Get A New Life In Sw France

That's exactly what my family and I did, myself, my husband, young son and baby daughter plus my parents - that was 4 years ago.

We took and very run down business (no business actually) and completely renovated it and turned it around 360 degrees.

We have a campsite/gites/bar & restaurant situated on the banks of the River Dordogne, about 10mins from St. Foy la Grande, 30mins from Bergerac and 1hr from Bordeaux.

But now it is time for us to sell up and move on to our next project in France.

If there is anyone out there who would like to do what we have done, any chefs who dream of running their own business or you just want to GET A NEW LIFE get in contact where I will be happy to give you more details.

It takes courage - but if we can do it - so can you!!!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:21 pm
TW1
Just Joined

TW1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Get A New Life In Sw France

Hi,

could the man who contacted me - please get in touch again - you didn't leave your full number and Yes the campsite is still for sale.
Old May 5th 2007, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Ann Jessica is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you interested in making a new campsite. I know a Frenchman who has that dream but would rather join with other people. He speaks English very well and has worked in England. He's 57, very practical and works as a builder/electrician. He owns houses that he would be prepared to sell for this project. He is looking for a retirment project. His parents used to have a campsite, so he know's what it's about. Don't think though he is too good at cooking.
Old May 5th 2007, 12:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TW1
That's exactly what my family and I did, myself, my husband, young son and baby daughter plus my parents - that was 4 years ago.

We took and very run down business (no business actually) and completely renovated it and turned it around 360 degrees.

We have a campsite/gites/bar & restaurant situated on the banks of the River Dordogne, about 10mins from St. Foy la Grande, 30mins from Bergerac and 1hr from Bordeaux.

But now it is time for us to sell up and move on to our next project in France.

If there is anyone out there who would like to do what we have done, any chefs who dream of running their own business or you just want to GET A NEW LIFE get in contact where I will be happy to give you more details.

It takes courage - but if we can do it - so can you!!!
There is a no advertising policy on this forum site rules rule 8.
Why dont you advertise it in classifieds HERE
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:59 am
Just Joined

rhodri is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Get A New Life In Sw France

Hello
My name is Rhodri, I am looking to try and set up a restaurant in France over the next few months. At present I have no real details and dont even know where it will be based. Do you have any general advice for me? I am particularly concerned about the process by which i register the business and also the minefield of employment law...i presume you have some experience in these areas...I would be appreciative of any advice

Thanks
rhodri