Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

The games in China

The games in China

Old Aug 20th 2008, 6:29 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of
Arrow The games in China

There seems to be a difference in the medal score.
The Host nation say they have the most,but the U.S.A. say different.
Which do we take notice of?
Old Aug 21st 2008, 9:29 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The games in China

Originally Posted by stanage2
There seems to be a difference in the medal score.
The Host nation say they have the most,but the U.S.A. say different.
Which do we take notice of?
Neither and Australia has the arse with us because every one claims they have more than the others. Weather its based on Golds or total massed.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 6:09 am
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Neither and Australia has the arse with us because every one claims they have more than the others. Weather its based on Golds or total massed.

Well its over now,so we just sit and wait for London.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

placo is a jewel in the roughplaco is a jewel in the roughplaco is a jewel in the roughplaco is a jewel in the rough

We have learnt that you can put on a great Olympic Games event if you are an undemocratic dictatorship with an enormous propaganda budget, and you couldn't care less about political correctness.

I might be wrong on one count out of the three, but I don't think any of that applies to London.

Personally I'm glad the whole thing's over. I think it was a gift to the Chinese government PR ministry that should never have been made and it has revealed the Olympic organisation to be incredibly naive.

In future I'll always be suspicious that the bigger the show the more the host country has to hide.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by placo
We have learnt that you can put on a great Olympic Games event if you are an undemocratic dictatorship with an enormous propaganda budget, and you couldn't care less about political correctness.

I might be wrong on one count out of the three, but I don't think any of that applies to London.

Personally I'm glad the whole thing's over. I think it was a gift to the Chinese government PR ministry that should never have been made and it has revealed the Olympic organisation to be incredibly naive.

In future I'll always be suspicious that the bigger the show the more the host country has to hide.
Are you saying then ( That an empty vessel makes the most noise)
Old Aug 27th 2008, 8:57 pm

Are you saying then ( That an empty vessel makes the most noise)
To master your Zen you must look not outwards at others, But inwards at the Abyss that lies with in you. For it is here that the beast can be found and tamed. For your enemies are better held closer at arms length and your friends at a phone call away. Its good to Talk.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:06 pm
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

" Its good to Talk."

True, but not incessantly like my daughter!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ewood
" Its good to Talk."

True, but not incessantly like my daughter!
If it's anything like my six year old I know what you mean
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:57 am
Banned

To master your Zen you must look not outwards at others, But inwards at the Abyss that lies with in you. For it is here that the beast can be found and tamed. For your enemies are better held closer at arms length and your friends at a phone call away. Its good to Talk.

Would rather listen.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:22 pm

Would rather listen.
Go to the Pub then.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:01 pm
Banned

Go to the Pub then.

Where do you live Moss side
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:44 pm

Where do you live Moss side
If you paid attention you would know were im from. Case of 20,000 volts but no fuse I think.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:03 pm
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

If you paid attention you would know were im from. Case of 20,000 volts but no fuse I think.

See you've got the El Mariachi DVD. Been trying to download a version in either English or with English subtitles for ages
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:26 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ewood

See you've got the El Mariachi DVD. Been trying to download a version in either English or with English subtitles for ages

I've got the original and the remake and sequel. LOVE them! Found them in SuperU of all places!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:36 pm
Far Kynelle

Originally Posted by Jazzy n Lol
I've got the original and the remake and sequel. LOVE them! Found them in SuperU of all places!
LuckyU!! I love SuperU, wading through a box of SuperU Corbieres at the mo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.